Viewing 4 posts - 1 through 4 (of 4 total)
  • YorkshireDales 200 mtb ITT free ride.
  • sturider

https://www.eventbrite.co.uk/e/yorkshiredales-200-tickets-17994093819

A free ride/event. https://www.yorkshiredales200.com

50 tickets available. Click on the YD200 link for ride information.

ITS FREE. More info to come.

ajf
    Free Member

well having looked at my strava I realised I hadn’t done a longer ride that 30km in one go for the entire year so I decided to have a ride round the route the last couple of days. Wishing I was doing it but couldn’t get the time, so thought I would do it on my own.

Currently dealing with sunburn, midges and a really really sore arse. Ridged hardtail was probably the best bike for it, however there was some times I wished for a bit of bounce. Mainly a cracking route, good mix of hard and easy trails with a bit of road to make sure you can cover the distance within a decent amount of time.

Sunday got off train in skipton at 6ish, started route and did about 20km and bivvied b4 dark

Monday after a leisurely sleep in (got kids) I set off at about 8.30 and got as far as above Dent and did 103km.

Tuesday set off about 8.30 again and went back. Slightly longer way back to Horton in Ribblesdale with slight detour back up cam high road onto the dales way to get the bridleway back (mistake honest 🙂 GPS turned off by accident at Horton but found out when i fell off going down Embassy Crag. The only fall on the whole ride, near the bottom of last descent.

All in all worth doing! Be doing it again next month if I didn’t have the Rab the week before.

ChrisE
    Free Member

I am toying with the idea. If I do, I will just turn up as I don’t want to enter them wimp out because its wet and windy.

Route goes past our house, no, right past our house, no up our bridleway, across our land and RIGHT past our house so will be difficult to not get into bed.

Not sure I am fit enough too

C

eddie11
    Free Member

I cant make this but did the 300 earlier this year. Stu plans a good route, if anyone is waivering i’d say do it.

Viewing 4 posts - 1 through 4 (of 4 total)

The topic ‘YorkshireDales 200 mtb ITT free ride.’ is closed to new replies.