Viewing 7 posts - 1 through 7 (of 7 total)
  • Yorkshire Sculpture Parkie
  • amodicumofgnar

Blinkin flip – no ****, nothing. Management by Parkie from Viz? Never been to a place with so many notices saying dont. Went into the exhibition halls – to be greeted with dont touch then welcome. Was very tempted to stand and smile at the CCTV whilst stroking the art works. Quite amused by the electric fence round one of the areas. Supose this is what you get if you cant ride on a riding day.

Choclate brownies were good as was the deer enclosure room or what ever its called.

fubar
    Free Member

not so great for small children then..I was thinking of visiting but I'll give it a miss until she is old enough to not get upset with the no touching (of the electric fence !)

amodicumofgnar

There were lots of small children there but soo many notices. A lot of the outside stuff was touch and climbable on but it just seemed like someone had an attack of risk aversion, or go a my first sign kit for their birthday.

robdob
    Free Member

I think you are being overly negative. I've been there loads of times as it's local to me. I don't have kids but there's always loads there having fun.

Remember it's a professional art gallery, not a kids play gym you know? Tsk.

Do you expect your kids to play around in the Tate Britain? No.

There's loads of space for kids to play but also gallery space where there has to be certain rules. I don't think you'd go to Paris and stroke the Mona Lisa, would you?

crankboy
    Free Member

fubar the park is ace but it is a sculpture park so as in any art gallery they tend to want you to knock a few £k of the more delicate exhibits by playing with them . If you take your kid round the outside exhibits then the whole game is different they can and do climb and play on the vast majority of them and there are some lovely hidden exhibits for children to explore and discover.

AlexBerry
    Free Member

it's a great place for kids. We've been a couple of times and unless the kids go mental it's a very cool place. Mine are 4 and 9, and really enjoyed it.

addy6402

I like it, no touching is to be expected for the visiting exhibitions inside but in the park itself it's a bit of a free for all on those Henry Moore's!

Viewing 7 posts - 1 through 7 (of 7 total)

The topic ‘Yorkshire Sculpture Parkie’ is closed to new replies.