Viewing 11 posts - 1 through 11 (of 11 total)
  • Yoghurt – "Natural" vs "Live" what's the difference?
  • DenDennis
    Free Member

as title – (apart from price obviously)…

Do only the yoghurts that list their friendly live bacteria actually contain live stuff, or is it just a marketing thing and cheapo natural yoghurts also do?
    Or have the latter had live stuff nuked out of them to last longer?

Just wondering, thanks.

grahamg
    Free Member

I thought the only difference the bacteria makes is that it helps break down the lactose in the yoghurt, so better if you’re a bit sensitive to that, and otherwise useless. There’s definitely no proven benefit whatsoever to all the friendly bacteria bollocks on the ads!

nickc

Nothing At All

Stoner
    Free Member

“Natural” = Studio Album.

slowoldman

Live walks to the table on its own.

mogrim

Live walks to the table on its own.

And then begs to be eaten, a bit like the pig in the Restaurant at the End of the Universe?

Moses

Tis a marketing ploy.
    Yoghurt is fermented milk, the bacteria do the fermenting. The “live” yogs are not pasteurised, but others are. Generally the low fat yogs have sugar added, so they need pasteurising.

DenDennis
    Free Member

The “live” yogs are not pasteurised, but others are.

i see. so live yogs are different then, with no ‘live’ bacteria in the naturals. (whether or not that bacteria does the old pipes any good).

stoner, slowoldman, mogrim: Badoom-Tish! 😆

john_drummer
    Free Member

isn’t “natural” yoghurt the stuff that hasn’t had any fruit (or anything else) added?

Cougar

Marketing trials with dead yoghurt and unnatural yoghurt didn’t go too well.

DenDennis
    Free Member

Good point John D- i actually meant is there a difference between the ‘natural’ and the ‘natural live’ yogs.

Cougar- Badoom-Tish! 😆

Viewing 11 posts - 1 through 11 (of 11 total)

The topic ‘Yoghurt – "Natural" vs "Live" what's the difference?’ is closed to new replies.