Viewing 15 posts - 1 through 15 (of 15 total)
  • yeti asr5 chainstay worries
  • chunkster
    Free Member

have just built my first bike a 2012 yeti asr 5 alloy and have just come across a lot of people breaking the carbon chainstays and now im worried i weight 230lbs and dont want to have to worry about taking it easy all the time in case it breaks! is it newer models as well as older ones or just the older ones??? or am i just worrying about nothing?? or should i consider trying to swap for another frame?
    regards paranoid new yeti owner

chojin
    Free Member

Just ride it.

If it breaks – use the warranty

ruscle
    Free Member

It was the very first lot of frames produced, also its a 5 year warranty so don’t worry.

makkag
    Free Member

bit off topic but just ordered my frame .. what forks you running?

chunkster
    Free Member

fox rlc 32 140 kashima

Leku
    Free Member

Rock Shox Revelations rtl reduced to 130mm

geetee1972
    Free Member

Chunkster – brave man! I weigh the same as you and a mate of mine has an ASR5 and having looked at it up close, I don’t think I would run one! But like everyone says, that’s what the warranty is for right!

lotus777
    Free Member

ignore the scaremongery and enjoy the bike. loving mine !
    so a few may have broken , but hundreds haven’t.

stewartc
    Free Member

205lbs myself and no concerns, as said before it appears to only have been early production models affected and it has a 5 year warranty anyway, enjoy, its a great bike.

Paceman
    Free Member

Don’t worry, just ride it. My 575 has never had any issues, and neither has my neighbours and he’s a 6’5″ bohemoth!!

ScottChegg
    Free Member

I am on the larger side and have run mine without any concerns for over a year.

As above, early chainstays seemed to be more fragile; later models were modified.

It looks super chunky on my frame and I’m delighted wwith it.

Oh, and I ran a 150mm Talas orginally, but I never used the travel adjust and it was too long for the warranty. Happy now with 140mm Floats.

geetee1972
    Free Member

205lbs myself

Pah – light weight 😛

My weener weighs more than that :mrgreen:

chunkster
    Free Member

looks like im worrying about nothing thanks guys

makkag
    Free Member

nice .. bit too rich for me , think im gonna go revs on mine .. another question .. i notice that the 2012 only comes with an rp2 rather than a 23 .hows that working out? need an upgrade ?

chunkster
    Free Member

seems fine to me

Viewing 15 posts - 1 through 15 (of 15 total)

The topic ‘yeti asr5 chainstay worries’ is closed to new replies.