Viewing 6 posts - 1 through 6 (of 6 total)
  • Yeti ASR – remove or revitalise
  • oxym0r0n

I have a Yeti ASR-sl from 1996 in vvgc, but I reach for the SS 9/10 times…

Might be something to do with the F100s that I swapped across feeling a bit more capable than the SIDs I replaced and lack of gears faffage on the SS.

So… do I call it quits – sell it all off and start again
    or do I upgrade to some 120 QR15 forks, 1×10 drivetrain, complete carbon back-end (I can get one cheap) generally modernise/simplify?

I want something different enough from my SS to be worth owning/riding for different stuff…

STATO
    Free Member

Ive got an ASR with F100’s. everything on it is in need of some serious TLC but it still goes like a whippet. Been thinking of doing the 120 QR15 route and maybe a 10mm bolt on rear axle to stiffen it up a bit but decided i cant be bothered as its fun enough as is.

If you dont want it, sell it, but for me, id not get anything as fun/fast for the money i could get for it (SS is fun, but not fast)

TheGingerOne

I think whatever you do to the ASR will still result in it being an ASR. I’m not sure it can ever feel or be much different to what it is.

All the bits on the frame are worth keeping and can be used on something different, so I think it is maybe the frame and fork which need changing to give you a different type of bike/ride and one which has a time and a place.

If you race / do events and always do them on the singlespeed, then you don’t need another bike that is suited to racing, so maybe go for a long travel 1×9 hardtail for a bit more fun on the descents and trail centres etc.

oxym0r0n

TheGingerOne

I did think about the whole long travel hardtail thing, 29er, ?? Too many choices but not a lot of £ at the moment…

sputnik
    Free Member

Mmm, the 1×10 with 120mm up front sounds a good option.
    The ASR is a (very) good bike and you will eventually get bored of the SS.

oxym0r0n

sputnik – I have been riding an SS for 10+ years and I’m not bored yet ~Still I have always got on much better than TheGingerOne with my ASR…

Viewing 6 posts - 1 through 6 (of 6 total)

The topic ‘Yeti ASR – remove or revitalise’ is closed to new replies.