Viewing 6 posts - 1 through 6 (of 6 total)
  • Yeti AS-R
  • luke
    Free Member

Does anyone have the old alloy Yeti As-r? Looking at 08 or 09 model's in particular.
    If so how tall are you? inside leg length? and what size frame did you go for?
    On the charts i should be on a medium, but based on my old bike's numbers I could be on a medium or a small
    I'm 5ft10 but have short legs 29inch inside.

Leku
    Free Member

I have an 07 asr-sl. 5'6" and have a small. 30-31" inside leg – my my you ARE a strange shape 🙂

you definitely need a medium

stand over height is similar across sizes. reach on a small would be an issue for you.

where abouts are you?

Paulio
    Free Member

I've got a 06 (I think), the one with the ally rear triangle, not sure how the geometry of the later frames differs. I'm 5'8" with a 30" inside leg and have a small size frame.

If you're around South Wales then you're welcome to try it for size.

Paul

Squidward

I'm 6', 32" inside leg. I ride a medium with a 100mm stem and a 300mm seatpost at it's min insertion level. The frame is just big enough for me (i wouldn't want it to be any smaller). I like my bikes short and flickable & the ASR is certainly that with a 100m set of SIDs. Effective TT length + stem length is the key, and being simplistic about it, if you're 2" shorter than me with legs 3" shorter, I'd say a medium with a 80-90mm stem should be spot on. Obviously, depends on how you like your bikes to feel though. Great bike – you won't regret getting one

trailertrash

'07 ASR-SL

5'11"

32" inside leg

medium with 90mm stem, 595mm effective top tube.

great fit.

I'd say if you were 1" shorter with 3" shorter inside leg you would find the medium a good fit in the top tube within the normal range of today's stem lengths. A suspension bike is always going to be an issue for you though as your relatively short legs make them seem very tall due to higher BB height, no? I can JUST stay on the saddle and tip toe along on mine. You will have to dismount forwards off the saddle to get your feet down, like I would on a 140mm+ bike.

STATO
    Free Member

6'4" and ride a Large.

Thing to bear in mind with old ASR is the dimensions make them seem tall compared to other bikes (or short for same size). For example my large has the extra seat-tube gusset as it measures up as a 21" but only a 24.5" TT, same as many other companies Large/19"/20". A medium Yeti is actually 19" but same TT as any other medium. So just make sure you get the right one and not size down by mistake. If your used to a medium dont be put off by the 19" seat tube, saddles do go down as well as up 🙄 and the stand-over is the same on all sizes pretty much.

Great bike tho,
    Rich.

Viewing 6 posts - 1 through 6 (of 6 total)

The topic ‘Yeti AS-R’ is closed to new replies.