Viewing 7 posts - 41 through 47 (of 47 total)
  • YETI 575 would you buy one?
  • lobby_dosser
    Free Member

the new one does have a passing resemblance to a nomad.

charliemort

faaarrrkkkkkkkkkkkkkk

according to this my 575 is a) far too big for me, despite my 20+ years of riding mountain bikes and choosing the right size; b) doesn't climb (always put that down to user error); and c) should spontaneously explode under my 15 1/2 stone

yoshimi

I've just bought one, maybe I'd best just bin it before it goes horribly wrong;)

PeterPoddy
    Free Member

I don't trust the carbon knuckle thing on the seatstay.

Why? Carbon is perfectly OK as a flex point. Nip into a fishing tackle shop and see what rods are made out of and see how much carbon can be made to bend if necessary, and properly constructed.

I had a 575 for 18 months or so. Lovely bike, superb mega-distance machine (I did the TransWales on it) easy to build up light if that floats your boat. Climbs superbly too. As a do-it all XC/Trail/AM bike I doubt it has a serious rival.

BUT

It's versitilty can be it's undoing: Jack of all trades, master of none. I found the carbon stays too flexy in the end, and yes, you do feel a bit perched on top (Which can be a good or bad thing), and they do blow through the travel easily (Use the Propedal properly and it's not an issue 95% of the time though)

For what I wanted at the time, it was perfect. They are beautifully made and finished, and good VFM in the grand scheme of things. But in the end I couldn't ride it hard enough because of the flexyness.
    I flogged it and bought a Pitch, which is a bit more downhill focused, stiffer and burlier. 2/3 of the time the Yeti is 50% better than the Pitch, but for the other 1/3 of the time, the Pitch is 500% better, IMO….
    🙂

trailertrash

Re: comments on flexstays breaking, I've never even heard of this happening, never mind seen one.

I ride an ASR, it's good as gold. Fastest bike on the climbs every time and keeps up with 5-6" bikes on the downs, i.e. thrashed silly. Yes I know this is about the 575, just my 2p worth on the suspension design itself.

As for blowing through the travel, you need to get your suspension set up right, +/-2 or 3psi can make all the difference.

Cheers

easygirl

its well documented if you check on tinternet that the carbon stays are prone to breakage

fozzybear
    Free Member

ive seen a carbon flex pivot snap on a ride and this year in the alps saw a rear end collapse completely under braking (also think someone has the same issue here and posted a photo) and another chalet member fell off, his bike landed on it's side as it did the stay hit a rock in the ground, the force split the stay, think they wanted something in the region of 600 euro's for a replacement which he would get 50% back or something..

…always felt a little perched on top and not sat in it…

Glad it's just not me too x 2
    felt like i was sat on the front forks, i seamed to be directly over the steerer was the way i felt.
    pedalled well though, light too, looks nice.

buy one… nar never!

Viewing 7 posts - 41 through 47 (of 47 total)

The topic ‘YETI 575 would you buy one?’ is closed to new replies.