Viewing 9 posts - 1 through 9 (of 9 total)
  • yeti 575 ownwrs
  • ventanarider
    Free Member

I have a 2009 yeti 575. I am thinking of running some larger tyres for the alps.What are the largest tyres you have run?

ben
    Free Member

I’ ve got a 2.25 Maxxis Ardent on mine and I wouldn’t want to go much bigger tbh.

rocketman
    Free Member

yeti 575 ownwrs…

…are queuing up to trade them in for SB-66s 🙂

P20

I don’t if the 09 has more clearance than the older shape 07, but i found 2.4 nobby nic fitted, but the flex in the swingarm, wheel and sidewall meant it rubbed during hard cornering. 2.25 fits no problem

DezB
    Free Member

They officially have a 2.5 max. I reckon a 2.3 would be pushing it though.

..are queuing up to trade them in for SB-66s

With all this nonsense going on, I think not!

dingabell
    Free Member

Long live the 575. Don’t really like the look of the SB66.

hoberinos
    Free Member

2.35 Maxxis (High Roller and Minion), seem fine to me.

Hadge
    Free Member

I like the look of the new SB66 especially after seeing it in the flesh but thats the first time I’ve seen it “naked” and I must admit it sort of worries me. I’ve no doubt it works but like a lot of suspension systems, when you actually live with them months on end you soon learn sometimes things aren’t always as they should be.

ahsf
    Free Member

if you have a cabon rear end it will flex alot an 2.5 tyres will wear the stays (not good seen a few snap from this)the alloy rear end is stiffer so maybe ok with 2.5.
    i allways run 2.35 minons with a carbon rear end and could still get them to rub but only when railing the berms flat out with 30psi tyre pressure but it was never an issue after 2 mega avalanche an 4 trips to the alps. (i weigh 11st so if your weight is more the rear end may flex more hope this helps).

Viewing 9 posts - 1 through 9 (of 9 total)

The topic ‘yeti 575 ownwrs’ is closed to new replies.