Viewing 13 posts - 1 through 13 (of 13 total)
  • Yeti 575 2008 carbon rear snapped
  • nicholasnismo
    Free Member

Out on the downs this morning and heard a crack from the bike , on closer inspection the carbon rear has snapped about 3" from the bottom bracket…nice.

Anyone else had this issue as I was wondering if Yeti would replace it.

I know their customer services is apparently really poor but surely they should replace this free of charge.

Nick

dirtyrider
    Free Member

ut surely they should replace this free of charge.

why?

nicholasnismo
    Free Member

Because it is obviously a design or manufacturing fault.

stevede
    Free Member

It's not the first carbon rear 575 i've read/heard about cracking so depends how long the warranty is and if your the original owner with proof of purchase.

lagerfanny
    Free Member

Go and see the dealer who supplied the frame and have them contact Evolution Imports who will normally sort your problem very quickly,

or contact them on

Phone: +44 (0)20 8290 0807
    Fax: +44 (0)20 8464 8550
    Address
    27, Widmore Road,
    Bromley,
    KENT,
    BR1-1RW

Anthony
    Free Member

Yeah Evolution are great with warranty.

NOT. Although to be fair they might be prompt with letting you know they aren't going to warranty it.

jockhaggis
    Free Member

If it's a material or manufacturing defect you should get a warranty replacement. 5 year warranty on the 575. The distributor will want to inspect the frame first though.

If you get no joy they will no doubt sell you a replacement. Think it's quite pricy though.

Other option is to send it to Carbonology who can repair them.

Hadge
    Free Member

If my memory serves me right we've had one 575 in for some problem on the rear carbon chainstays and it was replaced no problem whatsoever. If your the original owner just contact them and see what they say – you've nothing to loose have you.

plecostomus
    Free Member

I've seen two of those snap on the driveside within 2-3" of the pivot, both had ceased main pivot bearings too. Have experienced alot of warranty work with evolution too :-s I wish you luck.

P20

They changed my 575 swingarm no problem. It was cracked rather than actually snapped, just noticed it when I was cleaning it.

nicholasnismo
    Free Member

Thanks Guys I have contacted Yeti direct as a first port of call.
    See how it goes from there.

Nick

easygirl

mine snapped a while ago, i was second owner, no warranty
    but it is a known problem so good luck

druidh
    Free Member

nicholasnismo – Member
    Thanks Guys I have contacted Yeti direct as a first port of call.

Why didn't you just go back to the shop you bought it from? That should always be your first port of call.

Viewing 13 posts - 1 through 13 (of 13 total)

The topic ‘Yeti 575 2008 carbon rear snapped’ is closed to new replies.