Viewing 6 posts - 1 through 6 (of 6 total)
  • YETI!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
  • scoobymart
    Free Member

i'm in the market for a yeti but would like to know the difference between a ASR SL and a ASR 575 as i've seen one on ebay,or are they the same bike :?:.regards scoobymart.

Hadge
    Free Member

ASR SL has less travel than a 575 and also has the knuckle top-tube. The ASR is an XC race bike really where as the 575 is a do-it-all Enduro bike. Have a look at the new AS 5 – it's like the 575 but has 5 inches of travel and a different swing arm – still cabron but doesn't have the little carbon flex joints. Looks really sweet.

scoobymart
    Free Member

Thanks for your prompt reply hadge.I've already had a demo ride on a ASR 5 and the ASR 575,the ASR 5 suited me alot more than the 575.The cost of the ASR 5 would come in at about 3500 quid and i was looking at a cheaper option,so the ASR SL is alot like the ASR 5 only abit older and cheaper.

slowrider
    Free Member

not really, the asr sl is a proper xc race bike, light, steep and a bit flexy in the rough stuff. the asr 5 is more of a trail bike, kind of a slimmed down 575.

Nobby

ASR SL is the short travel (4") bike which has been superceded this year by the ASR 5 (5") travel. Both are XC bikes which can be built down o a race weight/spec. The 575 is the All Mountain bike with 5.75" travel.

The ASR SL is a perfectly capable short(er) travel bike with 2 variations – one has an alloy rear and t'other a carbon one. Both will make you ride too fast. 🙂

Hadge
    Free Member

Scoobymart – sent you an email ok.

Viewing 6 posts - 1 through 6 (of 6 total)

The topic ‘YETI!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!’ is closed to new replies.