Viewing 9 posts - 1 through 9 (of 9 total)
  • Yet another Transition Scout
  • richardkennerley

It’s time to post mine!

Large Scout frame, neon green.
    Pike 150mm
    Monarch debonair
    Arch ex/Hope pro 2

First ride today up and over Garburn and around Green Quarter. The weather was mint and so was the bike.

I’ve never had a full sus before, or a 650b, so it was a big change. As far as road climbing goes I didn’t really notice it being any harder than previous hardtails with the shock locked. As the surface got rougher I switched to pedal and this was great. More comfortable and much more of a winching type feeling. There’s parts of the Garburn climb I’ve never made it up before as my previous bikes skittered around on loose rocks or got hung up on boulders, the Scout just keeps on tracking.

As for going down, I was faster and smoother so it definitely compensates for my lack of skill! It was a lot less punishing and a lot less tiring!

The rock razor rear was a bit ambitious going over green Quarter, but was bob on everywhere else.

Before anyone mentions it, I know the gear cable and rear brake hose are too short, they’ve come straight off my Stanton, I’ll get to changing them soon.

I also know I need a reverb! I’ve got a 125mm non-stealth which I may try to bodge on for now, but I need a 150mm stealth.

I’m also going to look at the drive train once I’ve squeezed as much life out the old kit as possible.

Can’t wait for the next ride now!

jambalaya
    Free Member

I suggest you make sure the rear triangle is well protected, my 2012 Covert has old tubes top and bottom as paint chips quite easily on that vintage.

Have fun

BigDummy
    Free Member

Looks great.

It continues to upset me that I don’t have one of these. I was meant to have a large green one, but after months of fibbing the local distributor eventually admitted they had never ordered it.

🙁

prezet
    Free Member

Looks mega!

I also know I need a reverb! I’ve got a 125mm non-stealth which I may try to bodge on for now, but I need a 150mm stealth.

I would test your 125mm for size first. I’m running a 150mm and have to have it slammed so I can pedal with it at full height.

richardkennerley

prezet – Member
    Looks mega!

I would test your 125mm for size first. I’m running a 150mm and have to have it slammed so I can pedal with it at full height.

Will do. I’m 6’2 so have a standard post at nearly full extension at the moment.

Other than that the size feels good. It feels much larger than my Stanton, kinda like I’m sat in it rather than perched on it. I may even get away with a shorter stem but my current post had layback so I’ll give that some time yet.

richardkennerley

BigDummy – Member
    Looks great.

It continues to upset me that I don’t have one of these. I was meant to have a large green one, but after months of fibbing the local distributor eventually admitted they had never ordered it.

Got mine through Tamed Earth if you’ve not already tried them. Was on order since November though (possibly earlier actually!)

BigDummy
    Free Member

Thanks Richard, but I’m not in the UK.

fathomer

Ahhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhh!

Stop posting them, I’m itching to get mine built but waiting for a couple of bits.

However, yours looks awesome, as did the other two posted recently. Great place for a first test ride as well, views are ace.

yunki
    Free Member

Not green enough

Viewing 9 posts - 1 through 9 (of 9 total)

The topic ‘Yet another Transition Scout’ is closed to new replies.