Viewing 8 posts - 1 through 8 (of 8 total)
  • Yet another Stava Q – viewing other peoples segments
  • Pieface

When you get the activity reports of other users it tells you their achievements, however I can’t see where this segment exists on their map.

Is there a way to do this? I’d have thought that you click on the name of the segment and it would show it on the map, but it doesn’t, however I think it does when I view my own activity.

I’m not a premium user or anything like that if thats what its to do with.

persona
    Free Member

eh? they’re the shaded parts on the elevation/power/speed graph..

hover over one and it’ll tell you it’s name, click it and it’ll go to the segment page showing you exactly where it is.

zoom in/out for more detail

drummer
    Free Member

Zoom in 🙂

Pieface

Kind off works, but not really.

I get a summary email stating the achievement. What I want to do is click on the segment name to show me where it is on the map, instead I need to zoom in on the map, and then follow the route profile with my mouse to give me the segment name? I did this and it didn’t show the segment names.

persona
    Free Member

instead I need to zoom in on the map, and then follow the route profile with my mouse to give me the segment name?

er.. No you don’t!

every segment has it’s own page which clearly shows the segment with a map, elevation profile and leaderboard.
    I’ve already explained how to see where each segment is from the route map.

are you hunting segments you don’t even know how to get to?

thomthumb
    Free Member

do you mean in the email they send out?

I just double checked and it does exactly this,

you click on the name of the segment and it would show it on the map

persona
    Free Member

oh.. another thing, you are looking at strava via a computer rather than a tablet or phone aren’t you?

Pieface

I think it was showing me the route but as a not logged in user. When I log in it then works.

Id 10t error

Viewing 8 posts - 1 through 8 (of 8 total)

The topic ‘Yet another Stava Q – viewing other peoples segments’ is closed to new replies.