Viewing 22 posts - 1 through 22 (of 22 total)
  • Yes, the buck stops with YOU Hunt!
  • br
    Free Member

Writing in The Daily Mail, Mr Hunt said the move would stop patients being “passed from pillar to post” and ensure that the “buck stops with someone” in relation to each person’s care.

Yes Mr Hunt. The buck stops with you, shame you and most Minister seem to forget that. And at the very least with a hospitals’ Chief Exec.

http://www.independent.co.uk/life-style/health-and-families/every-hospital-patient-to-have-named-doctor-and-nurse-jeremy-hunt-is-to-announce-9023254.html

noteeth
    Free Member

Absolutely.

How did we end up with this weasel as Sec State for Health?

awh
    Free Member

How did we end up with this weasel as Sec State for Health?

Because the worried well thinks this sounds like a good idea and hunt gets a few good headlines. Much like the extended GP opening hours he recently announced, which were previously introduced by Labour but lots of surgeries dropped because the appointments weren’t used.

thejesmonddingo

The “Named Nurse” was introduced by Maggie,and is very difficult to implement.A patient is in hospital for 168 hours a week,a nurse works 37.5 hours,how can the named nurse be fully responsible for actions and descisions made when they are not on duty?The measure war dropped by TB as unworkable in practise.

Rorschach
    Free Member

Every time I hear his name I sing…
    “Jeremy Hunt,Jeremy Hunt,he’s a total…..nice man”

slowoldgit
    Free Member

There’s nothing yet on Dr Rant’s excellent blog.

mashiehood
    Free Member

The system is fundamentally broken, the sooner everyone realises that, the sooner we can find a better way…..

grantway
    Free Member

mashiehood – Member
    The system is fundamentally broken, the sooner everyone realises that, the sooner we can find a better way…..

100% correct

anagallis_arvensis

He’s as much of a **** as Gove.

br
    Free Member

Hmm, to quote:

“It has been said that democracy is the worst form of government except all the others that have been tried.”

Or do you mean the NHS, then you’ve never lived somewhere that hasn’t a social-based health system.

Our problem, is we’ve managed to get to a system where those who seem to get on are not those who do their job really well, but the ones who know how to ‘work the system’. And IME this applies just as much in the public sector as the private – as I’m now finding, working in the NHS after +25 years of the private sector.

mooman
    Free Member

But he added that for the system to work it would have to be “carefully implemented and supported by the right staffing levels”.

Staff levels on wards are simply too low to implement it.
    And the government arent likely to offer more money to pay for it.

mrmo
    Free Member

and the alternative?

The NHS isn’t perfect, many of the alternatives are worse, and in many cases more expensive and worse.

Trekster

Who actually works in the “perfect” job?

If we are to believe the press everything is broken or going through form of “transition/transformational change”

Roads are clapped out
    Education is clapped out
    Our councils are broke and will be even more broke next yr and the yr after etc
    Police are ??
    Social services?

My place of work was up for sale recently and nobody wanted to buy! However I have managed to keep my job for now after a demanning exercise 😐

Good news is my sons work is picking up and they are hiring and spending money 😆

mrmo
    Free Member

If we are to believe the press everything is broken or going through form of “transition/transformational change”

Roads are clapped out
    Education is clapped out
    Our councils are broke and will be even more broke next yr and the yr after etc
    Police are ??
    Social services?

and maybe if people were to realise our taxes aren’t that high….

But then again there are a lot of people paid a lot of money to argue that tax cuts are good, that you can have it all, etc.

dannyh
    Free Member

Yes, mr Hunt is a greasy pole climbing, PR obsessed, slimy little shit of the highest order. He get where castor oil can’t and will always slime his way out from under what looks like it should (rightly) be pinned on him. A ‘career’ politician in the very worst sense of the word.

We used to respect politicians of some substance, now it appears that pr and image win the day.

He embodies a lot that is wrong with our politics at present.

mrmo
    Free Member

We used to respect politicians of some substance, now it appears that pr and image win the day.

He embodies a lot that is wrong with our politics at present.

is it the politicians fault that voters buy into the PR crap?

onehundredthidiot

I would love it if the whole house of parliament was brought into government, all working for the common good. Yes have proper process but stop the short termism and point scoring. The modern pr obsessed greasy pole climbers are why three will never be a “none if the above option”.

Mind you, I’d like to be 6foot and minted.

totalshell

i ve a simple question to ask of those who blame politicians.. in the northwest some were unfortunate to endure a maternity ward where babies and mothers died un necessarily due to failures of care by midwives. the trust, managers, nhs hunt were all blamed but what of the midwives? if gas safe engineers kill someone throught neglect bad practice they d be doing a stretch at her majestys pleasure.. if a bus driver knocks over a pedesrian lilewise they have there collar felt,, but the nhs seems to provide its employees with a get out of jail free card..

mrmo
    Free Member

but the nhs seems to provide its employees with a get out of jail free card..

no it doesn’t, suspensions and dismissals happen.

As for the midwives i your example, i don’t know the full detail, but in my experience, individuals are rarely the problem, the lack of numbers the work load, the management support that is the problem.

project
    Free Member

i ve a simple question to ask of those who blame politicians.. in the northwest some were unfortunate to endure a maternity ward where babies and mothers died un necessarily due to failures of care by midwives. the trust, managers, nhs hunt were all blamed but what of the midwives? if gas safe engineers kill someone throught neglect bad practice they d be doing a stretch at her majestys pleasure.. if a bus driver knocks over a pedesrian lilewise they have there collar felt,, but the nhs seems to provide its employees with a get out of jail free card..

add in the jimmy saville grooming wards, the staffordshire hospital failures, and many more failed hospitals, now we have a surgeon branding his patients livers with his initials,all management failures and poor staff training, yet very few have been sacked and not one jailed.

The nhs does a lot of things well, disciplinary action and sacking of failed management and staff are not one of them.

totalshell

its no longer acceptable for health care professionals who deliver fatal care to be dismissed or disiplined. blaming management is a cop out manslaughter charges should be brought much more frequently. will a surgeon who carves his initials in a patient be charged with a criminal offence i hope so and quickly

julianwilson
    Free Member

Yes Mr Hunt. The buck stops with you, shame you and most Minister seem to forget that.

In 2011 Andrew Lansley even tried to do away with this too. Originally the health and social care bill planned to remove direct responsibility from the secretary of state for health. What is remarkable is that in the reshuffle, Cameron’s second most notoriously publicised and well documented ‘cabinet minister for sale to highest bidder’ was replaced with the current no. 1 seed. 👿

Viewing 22 posts - 1 through 22 (of 22 total)

The topic ‘Yes, the buck stops with YOU Hunt!’ is closed to new replies.