Viewing 9 posts - 1 through 9 (of 9 total)
  • yellow security sticker things in supermarkets!
  • donks
    Free Member

Just been to tesco’s to get some bits for a meal tomorrow. Bought a big lump of beef and it had a yellow security sticker on it. Went to the exit and the alarm went off so security guard called me over and went through my bag and checked receipt and all checked out so I went back through the exit and alarm went off again? Called me back in and started to go back over what he had already done, then the supervisor came over and asked if all was ok which it was so he said oh its just the security label and that I could just go.

Got me thinking anyway, how the hell does it work? surely they should remove the label as it cant have any working electronic bits in, its just a tiny sticker so nothing to actually deactivate at the till? but the wife says she has bought make up bits with these on and they have left them on?

jimdubleyou
    jonnyboi

I assume its a passive RFID tag, needs to pass close to a scanner to work, nothing scary in it.

You can print them out in many forms.

Ewan
    Free Member

RFID sticker? It’s powered by moving it through a magnetic field – has a tiny chip in it.

donks
    Free Member

Just peeled it of as much as I could in one piece but I’m damned if it’s got any of the little metal raceway strips that the article showed. Just looks like a plain sticker to me!

BigButSlimmerBloke
    Free Member

oh its just the security label and that I could just go.

Well that was nice of them. I never knew Tesco were allowed to detain you against your will.

chorlton
    Free Member

It’s not the beef. It’s you.

km79
    Free Member

Can you peel them off before you get to the checkout and stick them to random people?

scaredypants

heard on the radio just this afty that shoplifting rates are up and that quite a lot is down to theft of meat

Viewing 9 posts - 1 through 9 (of 9 total)

The topic ‘yellow security sticker things in supermarkets!’ is closed to new replies.