Viewing 14 posts - 1 through 14 (of 14 total)
  • Yearning a steel hardtail (again)
  • fudge9202
    Free Member

Had some good news about my tumour (new pain relief) so I really miss my Stanton sherpa.
    Now would like a steel hardtail to run alongside my Salsa Spearfish.
    I really like the Pipedream Skookum in acid green.
    Any Skookum riders out there offer any real life reviews.

SilentSparky
    Free Member

Rutland have the Genesis High Latitude on offer for £140 if that’s of interest?

fudge9202
    Free Member

Silentsparky cheers but I’m after 853 steel frame

fd3chris
    Free Member

I had a Sherpa around the same time as you and sold it and ended up with a 2souls slim jim. Although I loved the Stanton it wasn’t any where near as much fun to ride as the slimjim.

duckman

S’funny; but I was out on my Alu Clockwork yesterday,it is comfy,light and the geo is sorted. So why do I miss my Niner MCR?

Gotama
    Free Member

and sold it and ended up with a 2souls slim jim

If it’s of any interest fudge I’m pretty certain I’m selling my XL 2Souls QH. Just doesn’t get ridden since I picked up my Banshee Prime.

Scienceofficer
    Free Member

In 18 months, when new bike novelty has worn of, you’ll be wondering why you sold it and will look to get another hardtail. Depending on your perspective, this may or may not be a good thing.

thisisnotaspoon
    Free Member

In 18 months, when new bike novelty has worn of, you’ll be wondering why you sold it and will look to get another hardtail. Depending on your perspective, this may or may not be a good thing.

The good thing about hardtails, particularly if you can find the one you’re after second hand, is they cost peanuts to buy and sell.

Scienceofficer
    Free Member

This is true, but I’ve not seen many XL Quarterhorses about.

Gotama
    Free Member

^^^ the thought has crossed my mind several times and i’m still tempted to build it up as an extra bike.

jfb01
    Free Member

I owned a Sherpa,it was good through the single track & confidence inspiring down hill.However I could never get the front wheel to pop up over obstacles ,(I admit to poor technique here).How ever I sold the frame & bought a s/h 2Souls Quarterhorse.Night into day.It has all the qualities I liked in the Sherpa plus it is more comfortable & the short chain stays allow me to lift the front wheel over obstacles & it feels much more playful.I built it up single speed with 120mm forks & it weighs 25.8lbs.If there is a disadvantage it is that the medium frame c/w sliding dropouts & 142 x 12 axle weighs 6.3 lbs.The odd thing is I never notice the weight even though the Sherpa was about one pound lighter.
    Hope this is a help.

bikeneil
    Free Member

.If there is a disadvantage it is that the medium frame c/w sliding dropouts & 142 x 12 axle weighs 6.3 lbs.The odd thing is I never notice the weight even though the Sherpa was about one pound lighter.

Heavy bikes aren’t bad to ride. But bad riding bikes are usually heavy.

fudge9202
    Free Member

Anyone any experience of the Pipedream Skookum

fettlin

SilentSparky – Member
    Rutland have the Genesis High Latitude on offer for £140 if that’s of interest?

POSTED 1 DAY AGO # REPORT-POST

Curses! There goes £140! Now, how to get it past the fun police……

Viewing 14 posts - 1 through 14 (of 14 total)

The topic ‘Yearning a steel hardtail (again)’ is closed to new replies.