Viewing 12 posts - 1 through 12 (of 12 total)
  • Yeah I know another Severn Bridge shot … but it's a rainbow :-)
  • redthunder
    Free Member

Yeah I know another bridge shot … but it's a rainbow 🙂

Bigger here:
    http://www.zooomr.com/z/photos/zoom/8530665/size-32/

redthunder
    Free Member

and another… Using AutoPano thing.

Big pic bere:

http://www.zooomr.com/z/photos/zoom/8530812/size-32/

ooOOoo
    Free Member

Nice! Never seen a full rainbow photo like that

rOcKeTdOg

nice, sort the horizon in the 2nd and it'd be even better

CountZero

Nice! That second pic is lovely, I'm very envious of that photo. Where was it taken? Severn Beach?

redthunder
    Free Member

Yep. taken at Severn Beach.

walla24
    Free Member

epic

CountZero

I remember once Fred Wedlock holding a spoof competition where first prize was a week in Severn Beach, second prize was two weeks in Severn Beach…
    It doesn't have much going for it, except for a stunning view of the Bridge, which wasn't there when I visited as a kid. Neither was the other one, come to that…
    That really is a lovely photo, tho', redthunder; I love the fact you contrived to get one end directly over the person in the white jacket. I'd be so chuffed with that pic. What did you take it with?

tomzo
    Free Member

Cool second pic, but is it me or is there a second rainbow forming over the big one, especially on the left hand side of the photo?!?!

CountZero

Yep, there is a second rainbow. You often see them when the first one is very bright, it's a reflection of the main one and the colours are reversed in order. On one occasion with a very bright sun and particularly dark sky I saw a triple rainbow, but sadly had no camera with me.

redthunder
    Free Member

@Xipe Totec

Your right their isn't much there, but then again what do other villages have over and above?

My favourite is Aloah, Severn Beach by the Wurzels.

The photograph was taken with an IXUS 970 IS by the way

@tomzo

Yes there was a second rainbow forming.

CountZero

Just goes to prove you should always carry a camera. I could go there every day for weeks, and never get that perfect rainbow, with the people and the centre of the main span aligning perfectly with the end of the rainbow. That pic is as good as it gets, for me. I am so jealous… :mrgreen:

Viewing 12 posts - 1 through 12 (of 12 total)

The topic ‘Yeah I know another Severn Bridge shot … but it's a rainbow :-)’ is closed to new replies.