• This topic has 11 replies, 11 voices, and was last updated 14 years ago by DT78.
Viewing 12 posts - 1 through 12 (of 12 total)
  • yay or nay… KMC chain
  • alpin
    Free Member

currently the cheapest offering from CRC. any cop compared to the more expensive chains in the sale?

http://www.chainreactioncycles.com/Models.aspx?ModelID=26829

cheers

yoda
    Free Member

I run Kmc chains on all my bikes.Mainly the gold coloured ones.Never had any breakages or issues whatsoever.

freeganbikefascist
    Free Member

KMC make quality chains, nowt wrong with the X9

cp

run one on my mtb – fine. not been on long, so dont know longevity, but it shifts as well as SRAM ones.

dont like one of their singlespeed chains – nowt but trouble in cold weather!!

thisisnotaspoon
    Free Member

KMC make chains for shimano,

KMC chains come with a power link

KMC chains cost less than their shimano equivalent

Its a winner.

missingfrontallobe
    Free Member

Its a yay from me, currently running a KMC on one of my road bikes, seems to wear better than the Sachs sedis it replaced.

Three_Fish
    Free Member

The 9.93 is, in my opinion, the best value chain one can buy (even at RRP). KMC's quality is in no doubt – they manufacture the vast majority of the world's chains, including all sub-XT-level Shimano chains – and their 'high-end' offerings are easily as good as the XT/XTR in terms of durability. I also prefer the shifting from the KMC x-plate design than the Shimano bulge.

I run XTR because I get them on the cheap, but when I've needed a chain at short notice it's always the 9.93 I go for. For what my opinion is worth, I'd never hesitate to recommend the KMC.

alpin
    Free Member

fanks folks!

kingkongsfinger
    Free Member

KMC, brilliant, snapped a few Dura ace but never a KMC.

glenncampbell

KMC are great – I run them on both road and MTB bikes – including all through winter so far – and they're excellent. Have used wet lube and squirt wax lube and they perform really well – highly recommended and better than SRAM and Shimano.

TheSwede
    Free Member

Yay

DT78
    Free Member

Just ordered 3 silver kmc x9s from merlin for £42. Absolute bargain.

I did snap a gold version on sunday (had alreadt done a good 600 miles) but that was down to me timing an awful gear change, when it went it took out a middleburn chainring tooth with it 🙁

Viewing 12 posts - 1 through 12 (of 12 total)

The topic ‘yay or nay… KMC chain’ is closed to new replies.