Viewing 22 posts - 1 through 22 (of 22 total)
  • Yay! My new frame has been dropped off at the LBS!
  • willej

And I'm going to pick it up on the way home from work! 🙂
    Hopefully I'll be able to swap all my bits over and give it a good thrashing over the long weekend!

I'm quite excited, if you hadn't gathered.

foxyrider
    Free Member

you have to tell us what it is duh!

z1ppy

& supply pictures…

Jenga
    Free Member

My new P7 frame was delivered to home at lunch. It's now been built up and ridden. Whoooo.

willej

Build pics to follow…

mangatank
    Free Member

Yay! so has my bike…er…except the order was cancelled three weeks ago… 🙄

soma_rich
    Free Member

I cant see the pic what did you get??? and where from??? Will you be out in Lordswood?

willej

It's a Sanderson Breath. I've not ridden there yet. I'll keep it local this weekend ("reference trails" to thrash it on!) but I'm up for a guided tour sometime, if you're offering?

soma_rich
    Free Member

I know Lordswood well, and always up for showing you the trails. Usually a weekday evening is best for me.

willej

OK I'll give you a shout when I've got a free evening. May not be until after Christmas at this rate! 🙂

soma_rich
    Free Member

"May not be until after Christmas "

Just as busy here i'm afraid 🙂

TrailriderJim
    Free Member

Nice one. Simple pleasures, but getting new bike bits is one of the nicest feelings. Clocking off today at 16.30 and my new Hope Hoops and Avid Elixirs are sitting in the kitchen waiting to be built up. Itching to get the allen keys out now!

HeathenWoods
    Free Member

That does look tasty

willej

Just finished building and took some quick pics on my phone:

Been for a spin up the road and it feels good. I'll take it to the woods after the GP! 🙂

ChunkyMTB
    Free Member

Looks really good. Nice build.

Enjoy!

stAn-BadBrainsMBC
    Free Member

sanderson = proper mans bike!
    i love my 'life' . best ride ever, i've been riding mountain bikes for over 20 years (mainly steel hardtails) and it's defnately the best – you won't be disappointed.

Think there should be a Sanderson owners club

YoungDaveriley
    Free Member

Nice bike! and I've never heard of 'em.

epicsteve
    Free Member

Very nice looking bike. I don't generally like green bikes but that one is nice.

alpin
    Free Member

nice bike.

brilliant ride. i'm not convinced that it is worth paying more for the Life considering the Breath rides so well. the frame becomes 'active' once upto speed. a very capable bike.

just finished fiddling with my sanderson as the alpine is being laid off for a few weeks whilst forks get sorted.

stuck some wider bars on (640 > 690mm) and a rapid rise mech. feels burlier with the wider bars as opposed to XCish.

what size bars are people running on their sandersons?

will go for a proper blatt around tomorrow.

willej

Just been for an hour long blast in my local woods. First impressions are very good indeed. It felt a lot more lively than my 456 ever felt. The trouble is now it feels a little unbalanced, front heavy, because the Pikes are a bit tubby. Will have to start saving for some air Rebas. Thinking of putting some narrower, lighter tyres on too, just to give it a bit more "nip"!

Alpin – I've got 685mm, high rise EA70s on mine. My favourite 'bars ever.

mudpup
    Free Member

I had a "Life" 2 years ago but got rid cos i couldn't get on with it even though i really wanted to like it as it looked great, was made from trendy 853 and was a bit unusual. Felt too low and long at the front end even when i changed the Rebas for Revelations and whacked a higher stem on it. Unless you were caning the arse off it the ride was really dead feeling. Wouldn't lift over anything easily and there were a few tight corners on local rides that i always had to really muscle it round – never had it with other bikes so could only be down to the frame really. Got a Whyte 19 instead and its a million times better – nippier, comfier and smilier.

alpin
    Free Member

as said, the frame comes alive when at speed. yes its long but then it is a bit more XC than HC (hard-core).

other than a slight weight saving i can't see much point in forking out for the Life.

Viewing 22 posts - 1 through 22 (of 22 total)

The topic ‘Yay! My new frame has been dropped off at the LBS!’ is closed to new replies.