Viewing 33 posts - 1 through 33 (of 33 total)
  • yawnn – another idiet question. What do you do for sweets ?
  • MrsMugsy
    Free Member

Most diets you can eat fruit. here you can’t. what do you do when you sooo need to have something sweet?

and what do you do for bread equivalent. I mean something to spread something onto?

curious. I want to start the diet but i struggle to see what i’m going to eat other than eggs, meat, fish, pulses and veg.

i’d love to hear suggestions. cheers

Jamie
    Free Member

Most diets you can eat fruit. here you can’t. what do you do when you sooo need to have something sweet?

Wait until your off day.

and what do you do for bread equivalent. I mean something to spread something onto?

Steak.

curious. I want to start the diet but i struggle to see what i’m going to eat other than eggs, meat, fish, pulses and veg.

*shoots self in face*

See above.

binners

Sod the diet. I’m big boned fat and happy 😀

BoardinBob

what do you do when you sooo need to have something sweet

i don’t need anything sweet

bjj.andy.w
    Free Member

For a sweet pudding I have hartleys sugar free jelly and cream. Next to nothing carb wise and hits my sweet tooth nicely.

BoardinBob

For a sweet pudding I have hartleys sugar free jelly and cream. Next to nothing carb wise and hits my sweet tooth nicely.

Given that milk is banned, surely cream is too?

thisisnotaspoon
    Free Member

Thats pretty much it. Quinola and gram flour (made from pulses not wheat) can make bread substitutes for curries etc. I uauly have vegie mash (carrots, parsnips, cauliflour, brocholi + pulses) with my meals rather than potato.

For the sweet thing, go brush your teeth. The science behind pudding is it tells the brain your full, but after dinner mints ahieve the same thing (but have carbs in them), brushing your teeth has the same effect on appetite.

MrsMugsy
    Free Member

What about soja ? like soya milk, soya shakes, tofu?

BoardinBob

Not something I eat but it should be fine. Mainly protein as far as I know?

AndyP
    Free Member

a big slab of butter should curb the need for anything sweet.

hilldodger
    Free Member

All this “fake bread” “fake milk” etc IMO is really counterporductive, you need to start changing the way you think about your food.
    Either accept you’re on a healthy eating plan or accept you’re a fatty – either are valid lifestyle choices 😉

loum
    Free Member

Roasted cherry tomatoes go very sweet

Clobber
    Free Member

Is mayonnaise allowed?

BigJohn

I mean something to spread something onto?

A sofa. Spread your lardy arse on it.

johnners
    Free Member

Is mayonnaise allowed?

It’s (or should be) oil and egg yolk, so why not?

ton

roasted parsnips are super sweet.

thomthumb
    Free Member

sugared almonds.

nuts are allowed right?

ton

sliced roasted beetroot is also very sweet.
    and roasted garlic bulbs.

MrsMugsy
    Free Member

I struggle with the idea of being called a fatty since I’m about 55 kg for 1.6m.
    I’m far from fat, just intrigued by the diet and want to try it more because i’m a bit weird like that and like to control things.
    Plus, I’m starting to train again after having a very long recovery after an ultra distance race this winter and I want to see if it gives me more energy

zilog6128

I want to start the diet but i struggle to see what i’m going to eat other than eggs, meat, fish, pulses and veg.

Personally I don’t consider that a limited selection of ingredients at all. Once you discount all processed foods that’s pretty much all you’re left with anyway except fruit (which IME experience is OK in moderation anyway especially post-workout), potatoes, pasta & rice. Marks Daily Apple has some good healthy recipes, but you’ll probably want to chuck a can of beans/chick peas in as well cos he’s not big on carbs!

mugsys_m8

and she’s probably concerned about me having been on a Shashlik diet in southern eastern former USSR states for most of the last 5 months….

Jamie
    Free Member

….and like to control things.

Then WTFU and control your sugar cravings.

thomthumb
    Free Member

if your not desperate to loose weight then a few haribo aren’t kill you. change your meals and eat some sweets if you really want to.

juan
    Free Member

Why not try a régime dissocié? Much easier on the body and the mind, without being too drastic.

fasthaggis

Sorry I read that as ” another idiot question”

As you were 🙂

bjj.andy.w
    Free Member

BoardinBob – Member

Sorry, just read the op post again and didn’t realise it’s for the i Dave diet.

MrsMugsy
    Free Member

Waouh, i rarely post on here but now I see why.
    sorry guys, i’ll say nothing more

zilog6128

according to MDA:

Cream and butter are not particularly insulinogenic, while milk of all kinds, yogurt, cottage cheese, and anything with casein or whey, including powders and cottage cheese, elicits a significant insulin response.

so cream is OK in moderation I would say.

Solo
    Free Member

OP.

If you’re slim, active and atheletic already.
    Then you probably don’t need the public version of iDiet.

Perhaps you need to look into specifics to help you attain your goals in your chosen sport ?.

Though I’ve not dabbled in it.
    Some semi-iDieters experiment with sweeter foods either before, during or after training.
    But what specifically, I can’t say.
    Molgrips from this ere forum is ime, the most experienced fast sugar dabbler, while claiming to obey some of the facets of the iDiet.

davidtaylforth
    Free Member

Its a diet thats a great way for the over weight to lose weight. If you arent fat and you’re training then eating fruit and such like wont give you any problems.

Plus, I’m starting to train again after having a very long recovery after an ultra distance race this winter and I want to see if it gives me more energy

I dont know whether it’ll give you more energy. If you want more energy, eat more energy. Soreen is pretty good for energy.

hilldodger
    Free Member

MrsMugsy – Member
    I struggle with the idea of being called a fatty since I’m about 55 kg for 1.6m.

😳
    Said in humour rather than slander – as above, many root veg are sweet when roasted, especially with a dash of sesame oil.
    Sounds like an opportunity for some Heston Blumenthal-esque deserts – roast parsnip and carrot with lemon thyme souffle ?

molgrips
    Free Member

You arne’t supposed to have anything sweet, that’s the point. Sugar is a bit like nicotine, your brain becomes addicted to it. You feel rough at first then it’s ok. You start realising that things like green beans, broccoli and carrots are sweet, and you relish them.

Don’t try and mimic the stuff you’re cutting out. You’ll end up making all sorts of contrived things and they won’t be as good. Just relish the things you can have and get used to cooking to get the best out of them.

With regards exercise you do need simple carbs if you exercise – I found that for the training I do I seem to need a bit more than prescribed to allow me to train, and I see better weight loss that way too.

If you really crave something sweet then there’s a chance you have run your carb stores low – this may or may not be desirable depending on your goals.

theotherjonv

struggle with the idea of being called a fatty since I’m about 55 kg for 1.6m

So am I. The trouble is that I’m actually 1.8m and the extra 20cm is around my middle and weighs another 40kg.

Viewing 33 posts - 1 through 33 (of 33 total)

The topic ‘yawnn – another idiet question. What do you do for sweets ?’ is closed to new replies.