Viewing 13 posts - 1 through 13 (of 13 total)
  • Yari
  • olly2097
    Free Member

Just ordered some yari forks on a whim to replace my oem 2014 150mm fox 32 FIT. Found the Fox forks a bit wooden, serviced regularly etc.

Anybody got some real world experience of the yari and how they may compare?

Or do I send them back when postie comes?

stevied
    Free Member

Very happy with my 180mm ones.

wiggles
    Free Member

I’ve used them a bit and compared to a 150mm 32 they will a million times stiffer will be the main thing, they are the same chassis as the lyrik so are about as stiff as it gets for something with a <36mm stanchion

Damping is pretty decent even without the charger damper in the lyrik/pike and can use the tokens to tune.

They aren’t the best forks in the world but they have a lot going for them and compared to what you are already using you will be very happy i’m sure.

mikertroid
    Free Member

I’ve got some in 130mm flavour. Incredibly stiff and feel great. Popped a couple of tokens in them. My most recent Fox forks (’10 RLC FITs) probably have the edge in small bump sensitivity but aren’t anything like as stiff.

johnw1984
    Free Member

I went from a Yari to a 2017 Fox 34 Factory (both 150mm). My missus now has the Yari and loves it. I liked it, but the steerer was too short for the next frame it went on.

The new 34 just pips it for overall feel and small bumps, but it should do at twice the price!

clubby

I’ve got Yari RC on one bike and Pike RCT3 on another, and apart from the lack of lock out, can’t tell the difference. I think they’re amazing forks for the money.

olly2097
    Free Member

Awesome. Thanks for the feedback. Good job I’ve ordered them, just realised I’ve well and truly lost my fox through axle somewhere in wales 🙁

P-Jay
    Free Member

Had mine since July – 160mm, they’re really really good.

I bought them because they were incredibly cheap £380ish with the intention of throwing in a charger damper and making them a Lyrik – haven’t felt the need since.

papercutout
    Free Member

I’m running 130mm versions, I’m only light and they don’t have the best small bump sensitivity at my weight, but when they’re working with bigger hits they good enough I just don’t notice them. Which is a compliment, I often get to the bottom of the run to find the rubber ring at the top of the stanchion, and not once have I felt them bottom out! (I’ve not done anything about tokens either, unlike my previous Reba’s)

mactheknife

What is the deal with the torque caps I have been reading about on a couple of reviews? I may have a slight hangover but I’m hoping that I was getting the wrong end of the stick. Can these be run with any 15mm x 100mm wheelset?

benpinnick

Yes they will run 15/100s too.

Teetosugars
    Free Member

Got them on my T-130.
    Still trying to get the settings right, as I’ve not had suspension for ages, but so far, so good..

And if anyone has any set up tips? Please fire them on..

mactheknife

Cheers Ben 🙂

Viewing 13 posts - 1 through 13 (of 13 total)

The topic ‘Yari’ is closed to new replies.