Viewing 6 posts - 1 through 6 (of 6 total)
  • Yakima bike racks
  • GolfChick
    Free Member

Does anybody have one of the yakima front loading bike racks at all? I already have two normal Thule jobbies but I really dont want to put road bikes in it because of the thinner carbon so with the arrival of a newer car Im weighing up swapping the racks when I have to swap the bars anyway. Interested to hear peoples experiences of them

CaptainFlashheart
    Free Member

Thule 598.

Does a very good job of holding my crabon fribe gnarmac bike! The clamp now has a torque limiter so you can’t overcrank it. They also do a “frame protector” thingy for really skinny carbon frames. However, I’m not sure I’d like to clamp anything really thin tubed, regardless of frame material!

Found this while typing – http://www.bikeradar.com/gear/category/accessories/car-racks/product/review-thule-proride-598-bike-rack-50269/

Suffice to say, I’ve been clamping a Diverge Carbon frame in mine for a year or so (Not massive amounts of times, I should add) with no problems at all.

PhilO
    Free Member

Yes, I have two of these. Fantastic rack – a massive improvement on the two Thule racks I also have. Won’t play nicely with mudguards, fairly obviously. Also won’t fit some of the widest aero profile roof bars. But if your usage falls outside those two restrictions, I’d say buy one; you won’t regret it.

A mini review wot I did elsewhere: https://yacf.co.uk/forum/index.php?topic=85936.msg1758144#msg1758144

Denis99
    Free Member

Yes, bit of a stealth ad here.

Mine will be for sale.

Drop me a pm, and I can get some images.

Only selling as I haven’t used it for ages.

GolfChick
    Free Member

I was really looking for one that didnt touch the frame at all, but cheers for opinion on the newer Thule rack.

I’d be using it on some whispbars id be ordering so I’d hope with Yakima owning them, that they’d fit!

Denis99
    Free Member

I’ve got whispbars bars as well, taken off our now sold Skoda Fabia Scout.

Viewing 6 posts - 1 through 6 (of 6 total)

The topic ‘Yakima bike racks’ is closed to new replies.