Viewing 40 posts - 1 through 40 (of 119 total)
  • Yaaay.. Another royal wedding
  • tpbiker
    Free Member

Assuming the tax payer will be hit with a fairly substantial bill for elements of this nonsense, do you reckon we’ll get an extra bank holiday to compensate?

dannyh
    Free Member

do you reckon we’ll get an extra bank holiday to compensate?

Hope so – I had a cracking ride up and down the hills around Ladybower last time.

rene59
    Free Member

OMG! OMG! They are so cute together, I can’t wait, it’s going to be totes amazeballs.

scotroutes

Is she not a bit old for him?

cloudnine
    Free Member

“The Windsors will thicken their watery, thin blue blood and Spencer pale skin and ginger hair with some rich and exotic DNA.” – The Mail on Sunday

tomhoward

No bank hol, as he’s a mere 5th, soon to be 6th in line for the throne.

Pfft

Harry_the_Spider

Is that quote from The **** on Sunday true?

Good luck to ’em. Couldn’t give a toss myself, but I hope they can get it to work with all of the attention that our vile press will pour on them.

supersessions9-2
    Free Member

do you reckon we’ll get an extra bank holiday to compensate?
    Hope so – I had a cracking ride up and down the hills around Ladybower last time.

yep, we had a great ride on Snowdon.

RustySpanner

No royalist but they both seem like decent people, good luck to them.

Add in quiet spring trails and I’m fine with it.

The Yanks are going to go nuts.
    Will Don be invited?
    We could sit him next to Phil.

And it should be interesting to see how little England reacts.
    🙂

timbur
    Free Member

Bet the stag do will be interesting.

dannyh
    Free Member

Good luck to ’em. Couldn’t give a toss myself, but I hope they can get it to work with all of the attention that our vile press will pour on them.

Very much this – although I may have to reconsider if I’m not getting a free biking pass for a nice summer day.

footflaps

Klu Klux Klan themed do apparently….

RustySpanner

timbur – Member

Feet up….

…kettle on.
    🙂

Esme
    Free Member

Again, not a fan of the monarchy (but shudder at some of the alternatives . . . )
    However that lad deserves some happiness and stability in his life.

Interesting that Meghan is now the same age as Diana when she died?

Caher

Lucky man, she’s a lovely looking lady.

Jamie
    Free Member

I imagine the wedding won’t be for 3 years or so.

Just to avoid the hassle of inviting the orange one.

Tom_W1987
    Free Member

That quote is true, you’d be surprised by how much shit mixed race couples still get.

Oh an enfht will probably be along in a bit to accuse Harry of white genocide.

It’s going to be fun watching all the white ukippers go cross eyed with confusion and rage when some mixed race royalty are lording it over them.

csb

Will his dad be going?

RustySpanner

Bollocks to the Mail.
    Hateful, hypocritical rag.

They’ll be flogging souvenir issues soon enough.

kimbers

The Trump thing is a bit of an issue

it could end up being the punch-up to end all wedding punch-ups !

as for my feelings on the royals…

Tom_W1987
    Free Member

Nahhh I quite like the royals, watching them force the plebs to try and reconcile their patriotism with their jealousy and racism amuses me considerably.

matt_outandabout

Good on them. I wish happiness on them – unlike our miserable press it seems.

So, when exactly do I start making plans for a Royal day out? I am thinking Deeside, perhaps a Royal bothy visit…

mrmo
    Free Member

https://blogs.spectator.co.uk/2017/11/prince-harry-and-meghan-markle-the-union-of-royalty-and-showbiz/

for what it’s worth, Meghan Markle is unsuitable as his wife for the same reason that Wallis Simpson was unsuitable:

FFS!

I have little time for royalty, but if he is happy then who gives a s***?

Anyway, very nicely timed to distract people from the Brexit bit of a mess.

jambalaya
    Free Member

Best wishes to them from me.

Personally I am delighted Harry has chosen to marry whomever he wants. Much has changed in the last 50 years. I can’t imagine a mixed race American divorcee would have been acceptable even a couple of decades ago. Charles couldn’t marry who he wanted to first time round, personally I think he has been hugely iinfluential in ensuring his sons can make their own choices.

Bravo

timmys

Interesting that Meghan is now the same age as Diana when she died?

You’ve used a question mark so I guess that is a question. So is the question whether that is interesting? If so then no it isn’t.

If you were not asking a question and instead stating it was an interesting fact, then I am afraid I am going to have to disagree with you.

136stu
    Free Member

Will his dad be going?

LOL

midlifecrashes

The odd bit about this is the whole idea of getting married in the first place. I assume they are already shagging and have an adequate roof over their heads. He may even have someone who will smooth over any property and inheritance tax matters. Anyway, like anybody else, I hope they are happy and that he can continue to settle into a role beyond being the spare heir.

Tom_W1987
    Free Member

Kicked out the **** Catholics so Henry could remarry and now that prudish bird in the spectator is bringing up divorce as the issue…. oh teh lolz. Are we more prudish than the tudors now? Calling her mistress material is just **** nasty.

10 quid says that she is just pissed he didn’t marry an English girl.

binners

Good on him for getting out of the usual prerogative of marrying some horse-faced inbred, who’s actually his cousin. Its progress I suppose. Not as much progress as this more Gallic royal development, but hey ho….

P-Jay
    Free Member

timbur – Member

Yeah Harry and his Brother pushing pictures of their Nan into the knickers of strippers.

chewkw
    Free Member

People get married everyday this is just another day.

Not sure what all the hype is about tbh. 🙄

binners

DOFF YOUR CAP, YOU TREACHEROUS PEASANT!!!!!!

kimbers

chewkw – Member

Not sure what all the hype is about tbh

as a brexit supporter I thought youd be all over this glorious affirmation of the Greatness of Britain

amusing that Obama could be at the royal wedding while Trump is snubbed

cant see how they could invite the Orange one, as the protest/ riots would easily overshaddow the wedding
    http://uk.businessinsider.com/donald-trump-prince-harry-meghan-markle-royal-wedding-invite-2017-11

jonnyboi

jambalaya – Member

Personally I am delighted Harry has chosen to marry whomever he wants. Much has changed in the last 50 years. I can’t imagine a mixed race American divorcee would have been acceptable even a couple of decades ago

I was with you until the end of this bit.

Tom_W1987
    Free Member

Jambys right though, it wouldn’t have been and sections if the press still think that way as well.

chewkw
    Free Member

kimbers – Member

chewkw – Member
    Not sure what all the hype is about tbh

as a brexit supporter I thought youd be all over this glorious affirmation of the Greatness of Britain[/quote]

Nahhh … Only The Queen or the future King is important. The rest not important to me.

amusing that Obama could be at the royal wedding while Trump is snubbed

Their wedding so invite who they like or don’t invite the people they don’t like.

cant see how they could invite the Orange one, as the protest/ riots would easily overshaddow the wedding

Why should head of state attend a normal ordinary wedding? Why is the wedding important?

fasthaggis

Will his dad be going?

<< very good 🙂
    I think he may just watch it on the telly with a few drinks.

kimbers

Why should head of state attend a normal ordinary wedding? Why is the wedding important?

seriously, Id watch your mouth

in Brexit britain that kind of attitude is going to get you sent to a remoaner work camp

bikebouy
    Free Member

jambalaya – Member

Personally I am delighted Harry has chosen to marry whomever he wants. Much has changed in the last 50 years. I can’t imagine a mixed race American divorcee would have been acceptable even a couple of decades ago. Charles couldn’t marry who he wanted to first time round, personally I think he has been hugely iinfluential in ensuring his sons can make their own choices.

Bravo

Yip, agree with that.

Two people who want to commit a life together ought to be celebrated, with all the press interrogation and innuendo and pure bile it’s a wonder why they even announced it.. if it were me it would be a quiet affair with no press.

Ok, so add the Royalist/Political slant to it and I care less about it than I do about one of your offspring getting married.

ninfan
    Free Member

I’m confused, the Guardian taught me that Prince Harry was a racist Nazi sympathiser, now he’s marrying a POC?

Just think what this is going to do for US/UK relations, let alone Canada (where she’s been adopted as one of their own) – it all bodes well for a Tripartate UK/UK/Canuck trade deal 🙂 (that thought alone should have the remainers crying into soy lattes for a while, even before Donald starts tweeting how excited he is about coming to the wedding)

Viewing 40 posts - 1 through 40 (of 119 total)

The topic ‘Yaaay.. Another royal wedding’ is closed to new replies.