Viewing 12 posts - 1 through 12 (of 12 total)
  • XTR M980 chainrings?
  • bennyboy1
    Free Member

Does anyone know: a) anywhere that sells replacement XTR M980 chainrings? (not even CRC, Merlin or Wiggle have them listed which says alot)and, b) whether XTR M970 middle chainrings will fit the M980 triple crankset?

Cheers in advance.

sam_underhill

I got a complete set from Rose bikes. earlier in the year for £144.45 delivered.

MadPierre

They both are 104 BCD so the rings should fit (It’s the M985 that has the weird BCD).

actionsports.de have the rings in stock according to their web site…

honourablegeorge

I have a set of 42/32/24 M980 chainrings for sale – 42 unused, 24 barely touched, 32 with very light use – email in profile.

matthew_h
    Free Member

I’ve got a 38t and 26t brand new that are available. Never been used at all as I took them off to go 1×10. They’re the 104 BCD ones so will fit a 980 chainset.

Email me on matthew@screamingjaffa.co.uk if you’re interested.

FraserCook

in case anyone else is looking, i was also suprised to fine the usual suspects with no m980 chainrings, CRC, Wiggle, Merlin, Evans, no body have them.
    i have ordered from Fawkes cycles, (via Amazon oddly).

jameso

I have a full set FS, about 50-80 miles summer use, no marks. Tried them out then used the cranks SS. Open to a reasonable offer. james.olsen.remote at hotmail.co.uk.

matthew_h
    Free Member

Mine, as mentioned above, are still available.

LeeW

Freeborn cycles list them, you have to contact them for availability though.

FraserCook

If you make the mistake of urgently ordering XTR chainrings from Fawkes cycles. you may find a week later that you are chainringless. and potentially going to miss/be insufficiently geared for a perfect snowy ride in the hills, and are starting to have concerns that chainring will arrive in time for the Strathpuffer.
    Top tip, the old XTR 9 speed small chainring, fits perfectly and works perfectly!

adsh
    Free Member

bikediscount.de were cheapest and delivered within the week.

mrelectric
Viewing 12 posts - 1 through 12 (of 12 total)

The topic ‘XTR M980 chainrings?’ is closed to new replies.