Viewing 5 posts - 1 through 5 (of 5 total)
  • XTR 'Jones' Cranks – 1×10 Chainline issue
  • Jackass123456789
    Free Member

I have just gone over to a 1 x 10 setup and I am using an XTR crank (the Jones ones where you file down the outer ring tabs) and a Hope Pro II hub. However my Shimano 10 speed cassette with 11 tooth lowest cog is struggling with my chain line in the lowest cog. So much so it is skipping slightly as the chain is just starting to pick the ramped grooves for changing gear. However it is fine in any other gear.

Due to the style of the cranks, I can’t adjust the position of the chainring on the crank and the only thing I can think to do is remove the spacer for the cassette that goes onto the hub first. My other option which I am reluctant to do is adjust the BB spacers moving the drive side cup out a spacer / bit.

Has anyone else had similar issues and how did you over come them?

TheSwede
    Free Member

There shouldn’t be a spacer that goes onto the freehub first. Should there? The spacer that came with my slx 10 speed cassette goes between the smaller rings. What cassette is it?

Jackass123456789
    Free Member

It came with the cassette and the instructions showed that you do install it first, there is a very slight recess in the back on the spider for the largest cogs so it doesn’t do a huge amount.

mboy
    Free Member

No spacer on the inside of an XT 10spd cassette here either…

I thought it was only the roadie 10spd cassettes that needed a spacer on the inside, the MTB 10spd cassettes have a different spacing between the cogs I thought…

Jackass123456789
    Free Member

I thought it was only the roadie 10spd cassettes that needed a spacer on the inside

Correct, it is a 105 11-28 running with a SRAM Rival road rear mech and X7 10 spd shifter

Viewing 5 posts - 1 through 5 (of 5 total)

The topic ‘XTR 'Jones' Cranks – 1×10 Chainline issue’ is closed to new replies.