Viewing 6 posts - 1 through 6 (of 6 total)
  • XTR I-Spec SHIFTERS WITH XT BRAKES – Worth it?
  • woolymonster
    Free Member

I’m in the process of building my bike and wondering if it is worth trying the I-Spec shifters with the new XT brakes, or is it better to get the normal bar clamp? I understand what the system will do but just wondering if anyone here has actually used them or knows about them that can give a little bit of advice – Cheers in advance and any help is very much appreciated 🙂

MS
    Free Member

Personally the I spec looks a lot tidier! saves cluttering up the bars. I would say yes if your not bothered about windows as they don’t come with the i spec.

raisinhat
    Free Member

Have you used the new XT brakes already?

I’ve found that with the normal shifter clamp I just can’t get the shifter quite in the right place for my set up. If it’s outboard of the brakes it hits my fingers, and if it’s inboard it’s a little too much of a stretch.

Obviously it depends on you, but I’m definitely going for an i-spec shifter when I upgrade to 10 speed to match up with my XT brakes.

Pridds

Got i spec shifters with my Xt’s and love them. Much tidier and gives more options for mounting other stuff like seatpost levers within easy reach of your hands.

Northwind

Ispec is tidy but does reduce your future choices a little.

Especially if you trade your RHS standard mounts with me for a RHS Saint i-spec… Should be completely compatible with XTR 😉

woolymonster
    Free Member

The brakes are brand-spanking still and unfortunately not looking to trade bits just yet 🙂 Thanks all, decision made and sticking with I-Spec. Was a little concerned as I have used the Hope Match Maker clamps previously and found them are right ball ache to set up and still don’t think I have them right….But better the I-Spec than realise after that I can’t get the right shifter position like Raisinat mentioned.

Viewing 6 posts - 1 through 6 (of 6 total)

The topic ‘XTR I-Spec SHIFTERS WITH XT BRAKES – Worth it?’ is closed to new replies.