Viewing 11 posts - 1 through 11 (of 11 total)
  • XTR front mech that works with a 48t outer?
  • Podium
    Free Member

Can anyone remember the model number of the articulated XTR front mech that worked with the 26.36.48 XTR chainset back in the day, as I’m on the lookout for one.E mount or otherwise.

Thanks.

cynic-al
    Free Member

I think M950 was first gen, then M952 had the independantly moving plates.

Brown
    Free Member

Haha – I read that as a 48-tooth otter!

Podium
    Free Member

Nice one ca *big thumbs up* Anyone got one?

Although one of those DMR mech converter thingamajigs might solve my problem too [using road triple fm on roadified mtb]

cynic-al
    Free Member

Current mechs can work OK. Some chainsets come with 48T now so you could look at those groupsets, or try ebay.

Think you’d be paying alot for xtr (for little benefit IMO)

Mister-P
    Free Member

Do you have to have a BB mounted mech? Current XT band on mechs work fine with a 48 outer.

njee20
    Free Member

I may have an M952 kicking about, it’ll be top pull 34.9 if I can find it!

Podium
    Free Member

Nope,don’t need bb mount.

Think I might try the DMR Mech Verter route and use a road mech.If I can find anyone with a 34.9 one in stock,that is.Then I can go 48++

Cheers anyway.

Dibbs
    Free Member

The 952 front mech with the differential plates was one of the best mechs they ever made, much tougher than the current ones.

scant
    Free Member

on the differential plate XTR mech the plates were made of alu, which arent as tough as the earlier m950 steel plates

Podium
    Free Member

Just checked and I already have an M950 E mount on my mtb [completely forgot I had fitted it!] .Won’t work with my 48 though,having just measured up.

Come to think of it I think the XTR chainset had a 46 outer,not 48?

Viewing 11 posts - 1 through 11 (of 11 total)

The topic ‘XTR front mech that works with a 48t outer?’ is closed to new replies.