Viewing 5 posts - 1 through 5 (of 5 total)
  • XTR 985 cranks double to SS anyone done it?
  • postierich
    Free Member

Decided on these cranks as Canyon seem to be doing a good deal on them £250! Now I want to tidy them up planning on a Homebrew chainring and would like some matching XTR conversion covers to finish it off, I know knc do some cheap alternatives but would prefer the proper caps, now what chainring bolts do I need or can I use the ones that come with the cranks

Ta Rich

njee20
    Free Member

I use an Experimental Prototype ring on mine for 1×10, IMO they look better than HBC, more plain. Don’t use the covers though.

honourablegeorge

There’s one version of the double that you can convert, and it inclueds covers – think it’s the 980. It’s the double that doesn’t have a shaped chainring on the outside.

Edit – it’s the 980 trail double.

neil853
    Free Member

I’m in the process of converting my M985 double (88BCD) to a single ring (1×10), the Hombrew chainrings are meant to be OK but getting them is a different issue entirely. We’re talking months here.

Goldtec/BETD are making some chainrings which ‘should’ be finsihed this week. Estimaed cost is about £40 apparently. Hoping to get mine this week

njee20
    Free Member

Aye, but if you have the Race double you can just retrofit the covers theoretically. Must admit I’d not really thought about it, may look neater though.

Viewing 5 posts - 1 through 5 (of 5 total)

The topic ‘XTR 985 cranks double to SS anyone done it?’ is closed to new replies.