Viewing 10 posts - 1 through 10 (of 10 total)
  • XT rotors and Deore pads?
  • perthmtb
    Free Member

Can’t seem to find any cheapo RT51 rotors for sale – Wiggle, CRC and even Halfords only stock the more expensive RT75 XT ones. Not averse to shelling out a bit more for these, but CRC customer support says they are narrower and the pad will overlapp the braking surface, wear the rotor arms and mess up the pad. In answer to the same question, Wiggle customer support says they’re fine with deore pads. Who is right?

PeterPoddy
    Free Member

Have a look in the classifides. There’s usually something around for cheap! 🙂

bigyinn
    Free Member

IIRC I have used an old Deore M555 with an XT rotor. Didnt cause any issues, just the lower part of the pad catches the rotor below the braking surface. Yes it will wear the rotor eventually, but in the short to medium term it’ll be fine until you can obtain a more appropriate rotor.

perthmtb
    Free Member

Thanks bigyin, seems that CRC customer service were right then. I’m not in a rush, so I guess I’ll keep searchin for an RT51M ….

andyl
    Free Member

I think I might have a single brand new 160mm RT51 rotor in my box of bits if you are interested?

email in profile. Will dig it out and check against the pictures.

perthmtb
    Free Member

Thanks for the offer andyl, but it’s the 180mm one I’m after, as I’m upgrading the front from the 160mm that came with the bike…

andyl
    Free Member

Only place I could find: http://www.bike24.net/p26495.html

perthmtb
    Free Member

Nice one – thanks!

Trailstar
    Free Member

perthmtb – I’ve got two new 180mm RT51M rotors that have come off a new bike if you’re still looking? Drop me an email at sdd15 AT hot mail . com . Cheers.

Trailstar
    Free Member

Sorry, just sold them :s

Viewing 10 posts - 1 through 10 (of 10 total)

The topic ‘XT rotors and Deore pads?’ is closed to new replies.