Viewing 7 posts - 1 through 7 (of 7 total)
  • XT olive and insert question.
  • robhughes
    Free Member

Evening all.Got the fit a set of xt 785’s to a five frame.
    The question is do you have to put the olive on the hose before you put the insert in (Tech docs)and do you really need to use the hose clamp to do this.
    What i mean is does the insert expand the hose enough to not allow you to push the olive over.
    Just asking before i break the brakes to feed the hose through the swing arm.
    If you do have to use the clamp and olive on first to fit the insert this is going to make things a bit tricky.
    Cheers all.

acer2012
    Free Member

Yep, you’re meant to put the olive on before putting the barbed bit in. I’ve always needed to use the hose clamp as well, stops you from deforming the hose whilst holding it. When I got a bit of fluid on the outside of the hose I had to wrap a bit of loo paper around it to grip it properly even with the clamp!

robhughes
    Free Member

Does the insert obstruct you slipping the olive and connecting bolt over it ?.
    If no it would make life easy as i’ll stick it in before threading through the swing arm. 🙂

sillyoldman

No.

robhughes
    Free Member

Luverrly. 🙂

coatesy
    Free Member

I find it easier to fish a gear inner through first, and slide the hose over it to guide it through. You won’t get the cable in if you’ve put the insert in the hose though.

robhughes
    Free Member

All done. 😀
    Cheers coatesy.Normaly use mig wire.Does the job sweet.

Viewing 7 posts - 1 through 7 (of 7 total)

The topic ‘XT olive and insert question.’ is closed to new replies.