Viewing 8 posts - 1 through 8 (of 8 total)
  • XT M8000 1×11 BB Spacing
  • aazlad
    Free Member

Hi all,

Can anyone confirm if you still need to use a single BB spacer on the driveside for 73mm BB shells when using XT 1×11? I’ve read the instructions and it’s not clear…they’re cr@p.

Ta in advance.

benpinnick

Yes if its a regular threaded XT bb

endurokid
    Free Member

I run mine on the none drive side. Probably won’t make much difference but I thought it might bring the crank in slightly and offer a slightly better chainline when in the lowest gear.

I’ve ran it like this on 10 speed with no problems, and the same on 11 speed.

I’d be interested to hear why this is wrong though?

benpinnick

Its ‘wrong’ because it means your cranks are no longer central to the frame (Your left pedal sticks out 5mm more than your right)… Its ‘right’ the way you have it because its a better chain line. You choose!

philwarren11
    Free Member

I’ll be moving mine inboard too. Fed up of bending mechs outwards and the only thing i can see doing it is the added tension/bad chain line in the lowest gear.

endurokid
    Free Member

Its ‘wrong’ because it means your cranks are no longer central to the frame (Your left pedal sticks out 5mm more than your right)…

This in itself doesn’t cause any problems though does it? There will be no detrimental affect to the frame, cranks, gears etc……

Clearance on my chainstays is still good.

RickDraper
    Free Member

Surely the left crank only sticks out 2.5mm more than it should?

Seamus
    Free Member

Surely the left crank only sticks out 2.5mm more than it should?

It does but the right crank is 2.5mm less, hence 5mm. It wasn’t a problem/noticeable for me.

In the end I got some chain ring spacers from SJS cycles which work great for correcting the chainline.

Viewing 8 posts - 1 through 8 (of 8 total)

The topic ‘XT M8000 1×11 BB Spacing’ is closed to new replies.