Viewing 10 posts - 1 through 10 (of 10 total)
  • xt jockey wheels?
  • hugh_b
    Free Member

Noticed my xt (m770 shadow rear mech) jockey wheels are pretty worn. Was looking at replacements and a set are the best part of £25! How long do they normally last?

Are there any others that will fit and are harder wearing?

Thanks

Hugh

z1ppy

deore, do the same job for a lot cheaper, or BBB's might be cheaper still

http://www.dotbike.com/productsP3992.aspx

stumpy01

I think a lot of people swap them to LX when they are knackered.
    CRC do them for £2.99 per wheel & you need to order a top & a bottom…..

Macavity
    Free Member

Saw this on the Highpath site under bike information http://www.highpath.net/
    "Shimano rear derailleurs
    Because their sprockets derail so easily, Shimano can fit weak springs in their rear mechs to make a lighter action. However derailleurs with stronger springs are more reliable in the long term and work better on sprockets with longer teeth.

Shimano derailleurs also have a floating top jockey wheel. You'll probably find that shifts are more positive if you replace this with a normal, non-floating jockey wheel."

z1ppy

That sounds daft, the whole point of the 'floating' jockey wheel is to help the shifting from one sprocket to another, but hey what do I know, i don't even have a website

rockthreegozy
    Free Member

No, its not daft- shifting goes from fluid to positive (more like SRAM)

z1ppy

might be more positive but that will surely be at the expense of a smooth shifting.

rockthreegozy
    Free Member

Not everyone likes the Shimano feel (click your lever and your not sure its changed) and at the same time some people don't like the SRAM clunk!

z1ppy

yep I prefer the SRAM performance, and lack of need to be fiddled with every 2 minutes to keep it inline.

Viewing 10 posts - 1 through 10 (of 10 total)

The topic ‘xt jockey wheels?’ is closed to new replies.