Viewing 10 posts - 1 through 10 (of 10 total)
  • XT clutch mech issues anyone else ?
  • oldfart

Forum member Coatsey’s educated guess seemed spot on . Lower jockey wheel bearing seemed to have popped out of position causing the wheel to run off centre and rub against the inner cage plate more noticeable under load . Just wondering is this a one off or has anybody else had problems I wonder ? Coatsey seems to think it will happen again 🙁

cyclistm
    Free Member

I was talking to a guy tonight who had similar on his road mech. It was di2 not sure if ultegra or duraacethough

oldfart

Anyone of the day crowd ?

collostomy
    Free Member

Mate of mine had exactly the same issues you describe above with his… Not had problems with mine. Both XT

benpinnick

We’ve had a couple do this – seems like an issue!

thisisnotaspoon
    Free Member

Not noticed it on my SLX, will check hen I get home.

But on a related note, ha anyone else notice the clutch getting looser? I’m 300miles in on mine and there’s definitely a lot more chain slap on the top of the chainstay than there used to be, any way of tightening it or should I just go back to chainstay protectors?

posiwev
    Free Member

Yep, mines got looser, there is an adjustment screw under the cover, but even fully wound in it’s not the same as the new one I’ve just fitted

asdfhjkl
    Free Member

Thiaisnotaspoon: I don’t think the SLX jockeys are the same style of bearing as XT so if that’s the issue then I doubt it would affect Deore and SLX mechs. You can tighten the clutch, if you google I’m pretty sure someone like Pinkbike did a photo guide.

andybrad

ive recently had the same issue.

just bought a new mech to replace it with but the original is going ok with new wheels in it although its still not 100%

daver27
    Free Member

clutch is dead easy to adjust, just only wind it in 1/4 turn at a time or it will eventually snap.

Viewing 10 posts - 1 through 10 (of 10 total)

The topic ‘XT clutch mech issues anyone else ?’ is closed to new replies.