Viewing 8 posts - 1 through 8 (of 8 total)
  • XT 785 brakes. New pads now I have no free lever throw.
  • rockhopper70

Ive just changed the pads on my brakes and they were very low so I had to push the pistons back into the calipers.
    Now I’ve fitted the pads, the brakes bite as soon the lever is pulled with no free travel at all.
    I haven’t added any fluid, presumably just pushed it back into the reservoir?
    The free stroke adjuster doesn’t feel to make much difference but I was expecting them to just go back as they were.
    Anyone any ides what’s happened and how to needy it?

BoardinBob

how to needy it?

Just move the reach adjusters? Bite point is always sharp whenever I replace the pads on my 785s

weeksy

bigger pad area than standard pads, common. You’ll need to get a little bit of fluid out of there I rekon.

nwmlarge
    Free Member

wind the adjusters out

rockhopper70

Surely a larger pad area won’t make a difference. Thicker maybe as the pistons are having to be pushed back more.
    I might try bleeding a little oil out.
    The thumb wheel adjusters alter the bite point so the levers will be nearer the bars, but still bite immediately.
    For reference, gone from stock shimano finned pads to uberbike sintered.

weeksy

That’s what i meant fella yes.

iainc

I had exactly same with some aftemarket pads on the same brakes. Bought Shimano ones and they were fine

EDIT – the non shimano ones were too thick

Shackleton

Before you remove some fluid try zip tieing the levers to the bars for a few hours or overnight. Sorted mine out when they did similar.

Viewing 8 posts - 1 through 8 (of 8 total)

The topic ‘XT 785 brakes. New pads now I have no free lever throw.’ is closed to new replies.