Viewing 12 posts - 1 through 12 (of 12 total)
  • XT 2×11 crankset – chainrings?
  • SSS
    Free Member

I have a Scott Scale 710 with the m8000 xt crankset – 2×11 – with 26/36t setup. I feel quite undergeared.

Question. Can i use the 28/38 chainrings on the 26/36 crankset? I found a website which separates then into BA/BB/BC and BD.

Has any one done this? Can it be done? Do i need a new crankset?
    I tried to find the 28/38 chainrings but havent had much luck 🙁

Cheers!

sillyoldman

Yes.

As it happens, I’ve got a pair of XTR M9000/9020 38T/28T rings – unused, and still in packaging, but they use a smaller chainring bolt size unfortunately.

SSS
    Free Member

Typical, so looks like i cant use the XTR rings then if different bolt sizes. Nothing is ever easy.
    My search continues for the chainring pair in XT then.

Shred
    Free Member

I’ve run the 40-26 front rings with no problems and perfect shifting, and an 11-40 on the rear giving me big range.

scotroutes

There isn’t a 40T chainring for those cranks – at least not by Shimano

SSS
    Free Member

Ha! Cheers Scotroutes. Never thought of searching in german, but thats great. Id tried the usual suspects, CRC, Wiggle, Merlin etc…
    Its my first 2×11, and had first rideout today on it. For the ride i did, i was always close to the top and missing my triple chainset bikes.
    a 26/40 sounds an ideal setup. Already got a 11-40 on the rear as standard setup on the Scale.

scotroutes

How worn are the 36/26?

SSS
    Free Member

29.9km done on the 36, 26 never used! 😀
    the bike is 2 weeks old, first ride today after weight weenying and making it tubeless.

scotroutes

PM me a price if you’re looking to sell them then 🙂

sofaboy73
    Free Member

Got a pair of brand new XT 38T 26T chain rings. Got a cheap deal on an XT crank that I just wanted for the arms so never used the rings. They’re 10 speed rings, but will work fine for 11spd as the internal width of 10 & 11spd chains are the same, it’s just that 11spd chains are 0.3mm narrower externally – front mechs aren’t that precise!

EDIT: ignore me, forgot the 11spd XT is a different BCD!

orangeboy
    Free Member
Viewing 12 posts - 1 through 12 (of 12 total)

The topic ‘XT 2×11 crankset – chainrings?’ is closed to new replies.