Viewing 4 posts - 1 through 4 (of 4 total)
  • XC32 Solo air service – damper?
  • timb34
    Free Member

Need a bit of advice…

I’m part way through my first attempt at servicing a 2014 Rockshox XC32 solo air fork (oil and seal change). I’ve got the correct seal kit and I’ve got the lowers off.

I’m following this pdf : https://www.sram.com/sites/default/files/techdocs/gen0000000004444_rev_b_sektor_recon_xc32.pdf

But it only describes how to service lower legs and the air spring, not the damper side. Should I be taking apart the damper as well, or leave it alone? The turnkey lockout still seems to work OK.

Ooo, second question – to regrease the threads and seals when reassembling all I’ve got is a tube of Decathlon own-brand red (teflon) grease. OK, or do I need something more specific??

Thanks

jb72
    Free Member

You’re right – there seems to be no information at all on the damper side. That said I would think the only thing you could do would be to change the oil. As far as I can see (having trawled the net and youtube) you take the control knob off the top and then unscrew the whole unit. There’s an SRAM doc detailing oil levels.

LoCo
    Free Member

It’ll be the same as other turnkey equipped forks, so the instructions will be valid, you’ll just need to check the specific oil levels for the make & model year.

timb34
    Free Member

Thanks both. I opened up the damper and the oil level was perfect. Even though the XC32 is a mid-range fork I’m really impressed how well-constructed it is – the damper chamber was immaculate and the air spring and lower interiors were really quite clean given that I’ve done well over 3000km without giving the fork more than a quick clean.

Just have to see if it holds air after I’ve put it back together now!

Viewing 4 posts - 1 through 4 (of 4 total)

The topic ‘XC32 Solo air service – damper?’ is closed to new replies.