• This topic has 10 replies, 7 voices, and was last updated 13 years ago by 10.
Viewing 11 posts - 1 through 11 (of 11 total)
  • xc tyres what to buy?
  • trinity1
    Free Member

right i need some new tyres and dont want to change them with the seasons what should i buy? I mainly at golspie and glentress etc i have tyres for racing do just need some great xc/am tyres for all year round

donsimon
    Free Member
    trinity1
    Free Member

i have some of them great tyres but want to try something else

donsimon
    Free Member

Something Schwalbe, Jimmy for example. Beyond that I run Pythons, so can't help anymore…

trinity1
    Free Member

cheers was thinking about nobby nic etc

Lest
    Free Member

For a good few years now I have been using Continental Explorers with steel bead (cheaper).
    They wear well and are soft enough to hold on hardpack and will still bite into a bit of mud without clogging up when things get soggy.
    Around a tenner each.
    I buy a new one for the front every now and again and the old front gets demoted to the back.
    Works for me but then my budget has never allowed me to mess around with too many different tyres

Lest
    Free Member

Strangely Don Simon I actually have some 1.95 Fire's on and, yes a vote has to go for them too.
    Not sure where they came from but I threw them on my spare bike and no problems with them at all either!

fudge9202
    Free Member

Hutchinson barracuda on my FS
    Chunder pros an my konakula
    Awesome tyres just check the reviews

bol

Nics are a great all year tyre if you don't ride anywhere too rocky. I don't think they'd last all that long at Glentress if my experience at Afan is anything to go by. Ripped knobs off (so to speak) and tore a big gash in my mates UST sidewall.

Taff
    Free Member

In the process of buying new tyres myself and have wiggle vouchers to spend but not much choice. I'm leaning towards the fire xc pros but I'm also quite keen on razers. My brother in law has used them and loved them. He's also suggested race kings on the rear. With something like the fire or mud x up front

+1 for the Fire xc pros. Used various tyres and these are my favourites for fit and forget. Last well too.

Viewing 11 posts - 1 through 11 (of 11 total)

The topic ‘xc tyres what to buy?’ is closed to new replies.