Viewing 16 posts - 1 through 16 (of 16 total)
  • XC hardtail
  • Mounty_73

I am looking at replacing my old hardtail with a lightweight XC bike. No gravel bike required. 🙂

So far I have been looking at the Specialized Chisel and the Alpkit Dial, although looking at them, they are not that light.

Any other XC HT bikes worth looking at? Budget will be £1500 to 2k.

Cheers

iainc

Worth having a look at the Sensa Merano from Merlin too

jonba
    Free Member

There are a couple from Vitus that look good on paper. Also Canyon.

The answer might depend on when you want it!

kilo

Got the Canyon Grand Canyon – really like it. Went for the thousand quid one and added a dropper and tubeless tyres. As above supplies may be the bigger issue

squirrelking
    Free Member

Orbea Alma M50 sits in the middle, M30 is a bit over budget and H10 a bit under.

https://www.orbea.com/gb-en/bicycles/mountain/alma

Kuco

Trek Procaliber carbon can be had for that. I have an alloy Procaliber 6 and very happy with that. The bike I ride the most at the moment.

Clink

Chisel is great frame, about 1300g. It rides great, loved mine. Components are heavy, including the Judy fork.

onecheshirecat
    Free Member

On one whippet GX, upgrade the wheels and you have a very light xc bike.

hamishthecat
    Free Member

I got mine a few years ago but the Giant XTC Advanced was in that sort of range. Can be run 29, 27.5+ or single speed. Probably the only criticism is that it’s a tad short by latest standards but I still really like it.

wbo
    Free Member

Unlikely, but if you see a carbon Scott Scale reduced rip their arm off. Absolutely loved mine

ernie67

I’ve got a Chisel and love it – £850 all in from Bike24 last April.

aberdeenlune
    Free Member

[url=https://flic.kr/p/2m9g77G]3F81A9CA-A8EC-4068-A39E-2D06C829990D[/url] by Aberdeen_lune, on Flickr" alt="Hardtail" />

I bought a Canyon Exceed hardtail recently. It’s light and has a great bottom gear. My gravel bike is now gathering dust as this is now my go to off road bike. Picture is from yesterday in the Cairngorms. Just need to puta dropper post on it.

lustyd
    Free Member

+1 on the carbon Scott, I have the Scale 735 with XTR and it’s just about the perfect lightweight XC bike. I don’t use it a lot though as I also have the Genius 700+ which is nearly as light but more comfy 🙂

33tango

Carbon fibre Scott Scale 940, running tubeless Schwalbe thunderburt. Not super light but fast and handles well.

mccraque

On one whippet GX, upgrade the wheels and you have a very light xc bike.

This ^^

steve_b77
    Free Member

Vitus Rapide CR when they come back in stock

Viewing 16 posts - 1 through 16 (of 16 total)

The topic ‘XC hardtail’ is closed to new replies.