Viewing 22 posts - 1 through 22 (of 22 total)
  • xbox one or Ps4
  • bwfc4eva868
    Free Member

Are either of them worth buying yet? Currently have the Xbox 360. Just need to finally finish GTA V and that’s all apart from Fifa 14 I have left to play.

Both consoles seem to be priced similarly now £389 but which is the better buy. I’m not into shooting games what so ever. My favourite games have been Fable, The Elder Scrolls games, and I do like Forza. Never had a Sony Console.

back2basics
    Free Member

there was somewhere on the net selling ps4 for 319.99
    have a look at hotdealsuk it will be on there somewhere.

Cougar

Whatever your mates also have, would be my suggestion.

The PS4 seems to me to be the better console, but the X1 will carry your gamerscore over and allow you to chat with your X360 mates, if such things matter to you.

Jamie
    Free Member

Like you, OP, I always had an Xbox360. Instead of getting a PS4 or Xbox One, I bought a cheap PS3, £70 preowned from Game, and am working my way through all the PS3 exclusives. These include:

Uncharted Series
    The Last Of Us
    God Of War
    Resistance
    Metal Gear Solid
    ….plus more here.

By the time I have worked my way though them, getting on for Autumn/Winter. I am confident there will be a decent game library out for the PS4, and it will be retailing for about £285 with a AAA game.

bwfc4eva868
    Free Member

Most are on the xb1. Mostly play against step daughter and her boyfriend but their still on xb360.

bwfc4eva868
    Free Member

Nothing stands out on any of the consoles at the moment. Maybe wait till winter time. The only game that’s really ever gripped me is Zelda on the N64. And I still go back to it now on the GameCube.

Drac

What Cougar says really. Also worth remembering is PS4 is outselling the Xbox one so more likely to attract exclusives.

Cougar

Instead of getting a PS4 or Xbox One, I bought a cheap PS3, £70 preowned from Game, and am working my way through all the PS3 exclusives.

I’m very tempted to do exactly that myself. One of the reasons I’ve not run out and bought a whatever-it-should-be-called-now-gen console is that I’m not really stuck for things to play on the 360 and I’ve yet to see anything I Must Have on the 4/1.

markrtw
    Free Member

There was a discussion on here the other day about this…

http://singletrackworld.com/forum/topic/ps4worth-it

I seem to remember that the PS4 came out most favoured, but you takes your choice…

timwillows
    Free Member

My 13 year old told me PS4.
    Apparently its a better console, but the big issues is that the Xbox online play thing, which he uses a lot, does not allow 360 and 1 owners to play in the same game – i.e. no interoperability

WackoAK
    Free Member

I’m very tempted to do exactly that myself.

I’ve went down that route also, remember that you do not need to pay anything for online play on the PS network. I’m in no rush to upgrade to nextgen yet but it’s looking more likely I’ll get a PS4 (and I’m an xbox fanboy).

Jamie
    Free Member

I’ll get a PS4 (and I’m an xbox fanboy).

This.

Sony seem to treat their customers a bit less like thieves/idiots (delete as applicable). The fact I could go out and buy a 12GB PS3, and then just whack in an old 2.5″ Sata HD to give me a 320GB PS3, was simplicity in itself.

The Xbox dashboard/software is much more polished, though. Although, I would sit through a Dos setup if it meant avoiding all the adverts Microsoft used to shoehorn onto the Xbox 360 dash.

Drac

I’ve went down that route also, remember that you do not need to pay anything for online play on the PS network. I’m in no rush to upgrade to nextgen yet but it’s looking more likely I’ll get a PS4 (and I’m an xbox fanboy).

Annoyingly Sony kept quiet about the fact you do for PS4 until late in the day.

bwfc4eva868
    Free Member

It’s looking like PS4 I think. But neither has anything that jumps out at me game wise.

Drac

Not yet as they’re still doing cross platforms there’s exclusives due which are looking good.

Drac

[video]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=qRUxWLcVQqM[/video]

Drac

Then there’s The Division which is looking a good co-op game.

Borderlands style without the massive silliness not that was a bad thing.

[video]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=IjiF0HNtQdc[/video]

SamB
    Free Member

Nothing stands out on any of the consoles at the moment. Maybe wait till winter time.

This. There are no worthwhile exclusives out on either platform IMO, and the release schedule is still very dry for the rest of the year. I’d wait until E3 announcements at the very earliest. The longer you wait, the more likely things are to come down in price (see XBone Titanfall bundle and now Kinectless SKU).

If you really want to buy one RIGHT NOW, I’d get a PS4. I love my 360, but the PS4 is shaping up to be the much better option this time round.

bwfc4eva868
    Free Member

Aye good plan about waiting till after E3. Got to rebut GTA V and finish that. My old Xbox fecked the disc and the replacement console won’t read it.

eruptron
    Free Member

I have upgraded from the 360 to xbox one fortunately my 360 expired. I’m somewhat underwhelmed so far and would have been disappointed to have upgraded if my 360 hadn’t broken down.
    Titanfall is a quality game (mostly play COD) No idea about fifa and not really played with kinect much

Creg

I had both and out of the two I would chose the PS4. Granted there arent many titles available for either and each one has its own unique titles (Forza 5 for Xbox, Killzone for PS4 etc) but overall I found the PS4 the better console.

I found the UI on the PS4 a much nicer experience than on the XB1. A major point for the PS4 was compatibility with my wifi and broadband connection, I had nothing but issues with the XB1 (downloads going at a total crawl, took 4 days to download the patch for Forza 5!).

The PS4 is a very compact unit compared to the XB1 and much nicer to look at. The XB1 does come with kinect which did seem cool but the novelty wore off for me pretty quick (plus I couldn’t get the biometric login thing to work).

I don’t regret selling my PS4, but if I was to have the choice of another of the current gen consoles it would be the PS4 again.

samuri
    Free Member

My major problem is that Microsoft and Sony are evil. When presented by evilness from two equal evil parties, which evil that you want do you choose?

I’m going for PS4.

Viewing 22 posts - 1 through 22 (of 22 total)

The topic ‘xbox one or Ps4’ is closed to new replies.