Viewing 11 posts - 1 through 11 (of 11 total)
  • XBOX help
  • wors

Junior has an xbox but it is set up under my account, so all the games that are on there are ‘mine’. I want to set up a child account on it so that I can set time limits etc. The games can be shared by doing this or by any other xbox under our ‘family’ but does anyone know if he logs in under his child account any progress that he has made on games will disappear?

Hope that makes sense 🙂

ads678

I’m having a similar problem at the moment. Games were loaded under my profile so now I have to be logged in for him to play them, which surely defeats the object of having a separate restricted profile!

Once we’d set up his profile he had to start games from scratch again. He didn’t mind cos it meant he knew what he was doing this time!

I’m too old to start all this gaming nonsence….

Drac

[video]https://youtu.be/yTYNCF5xBXE[/video]

Not sure if that’s what you’re after as I’m a PS4 Fanboi. Fanperson as we have to be none gender specific.

Tenuous
    Free Member

You can’t transfer save games so he will lose his progress, but he may not mind 🙂

ads678

Yeah my lad didn’t mind that bit but my profile needs to be logged on all the time, is there a way for me to be logged out but he can still play the games that got loaded under my profile?
    Do I need to set the xbox as my home xbox or something?

scruff
    Free Member

I’ve just done this as my 3 had an Xbox for Christmas. You need to set an account per child, then add them as family to your account. Progress will be lost unfortunately, but it does seem a good system once set up.

Cougar

Do I need to set the xbox as my home xbox or something?

Exactly that.

ads678

Cheers Cougar, I’ve set up the family profiles but don’t think i’ve set the xbox as the home one.

I’ll do that tonight.

sorry for the thread hijack wors.

wors

sorry for the thread hijack wors.

Ha Ha no worries, more the merrier! Its all a mystery to me too!

Cougar

I’ll do that tonight.

I could’ve sworn it did it automatically, or at least prompted you when you add the first account. Could be wrong, it’s a couple of years since I set mine up.

ads678

Yep that was it. Cheers Cougar. I must have missed it when setting it up before Christmas.

Viewing 11 posts - 1 through 11 (of 11 total)

The topic ‘XBOX help’ is closed to new replies.