Viewing 18 posts - 1 through 18 (of 18 total)
  • XBOX best driving game?
  • carlphillips
    Free Member

getting bored of killing loads of people on the COD games.

would like to try a driving game but not sure which one gets the best reviews, not to bothered but would prefer a rally game i think.

any recommendations or future releases i should look out for?

tragically1969
    Free Member

I like Burnout: Paradise City

Not rally or exactly racing but good fun.

samuri
    Free Member

Dirt is very good and has lots of rallying in it. Dirt2 is out now, but you'll be able to pick the original up for next to nowt.

PGR4 is very good. Forza 3 is great, but again, road only.

Try Dirt.

carlphillips
    Free Member

will have a looksie cheers

Dobbo

PGR4 or the game demolition derby game Ultimate Carnage or something like that.

carlphillips
    Free Member

just looked at dirt and its pretty much what i was after, have seen some dirt 2 games going cheap on the bay and amazon so will get one of those me thinks.

cheers all

takisawa2

I'm yet to tire of GTA4 with its mix of plain old silly fun.

Pushing people off the cliff by the Cluckin' Bell, I managed 25 the other night before one of those big bikers pushed me off also.

thisisnotaspoon
    Free Member

FORZA, one of the few driving games in which you actualy crash if you try and put the brakes on mid corner!

HairyHarry
    Free Member

PGR4 was fantastic, very playable, good achievements and lots of fun. Need for Speed: Most Wanted is a good crack as well. I found DiRT and Grid to be stunning to look at but frustrating to play.

defaultslipper
    Free Member

forza 3 for me. realistic car control with options to make it easier/ harder depending on your ability. although forza 2 wasn't bad either, should be able to pick it up fairly cheap nowadays

samuri
    Free Member

I wish designers would come up with more interesting achievements.

'Reach driver level 3'
    'Reach driver level 4'

blah blah. Some games are ok but most are just so boring.
    'Roll the car and win the race'
    'T bone three mustangs'
    'Put your head through 20 windscreens'

MotoGP tries, there's some wheelie/drift and donut achievements but it would add a lot more fun to have to 'Knock Pedrosa off his bike three times in one race'

carlphillips
    Free Member

oh yeah one more thing, my nephew has a wifi connection for his xbox live connection, but it keeps failing on him, thus we are going to connect it via cable, is a bog standard ethernet cable like this ok?
    linky here

Jamie
    Free Member

Forza 3/Dirt 2/Pure

deadlydarcy
    Free Member

PGR4 is you haven't played it before. It's great for just jump-in-and-drive yet reasonably realistic physics. Great online races. And a good single player mode if you need to get in some practice. Nothing beats the feeling of driving against other humans though.

Haven't tried Dirt 2 but didn't like the original.

Just been playing Forza 3 for the last few days. Excellent game, if a little bit tweaky for my liking. Single player mode is a little bit boring, but man, 400 cars and 100 tracks?? Can't go wrong. Circuit racing in A-class cars (high end Ferraris, Lambos, Audis etc) seems to be the most popular online component – and the physics are ultra realistic – try taking the assists off and you'll be off the track in the first bend!

Kato

Forza 3 no mistaking

fubar
    Free Member

PGR4 doesn't work for me…having to earn 'kudos points' for sliding round corners !? I just want to race.

LMT
    Free Member

Dirt 2 is superb! Forza 3 is another which is good too, but i do like Burnout pardise and the main reason is all the free add-ons!

thisisnotaspoon
    Free Member

ohh, and if you get forza 2, try the nurburing in the proche lemans car, drivers aids off, manual gears, I swear its the most fun a driveing game has ever been! Just remember to keep the revs very high (otherwise the turbo stops and your in the hedge faster than Hugh Hefner) and dont slow down otherwis the aerodynamics stop working and you just go sideways!

Viewing 18 posts - 1 through 18 (of 18 total)

The topic ‘XBOX best driving game?’ is closed to new replies.