Viewing 9 posts - 1 through 9 (of 9 total)
  • Xbox 360 – which one?
  • nemesis
    Free Member

I (or rather my son) currently has an Xbox 360 20Gb – one of the early white ones. Unfortunately despite the RROD fix I’ve done and a couple of reflows, it’s now started crashing without any red rings and I reckon it’s on the way out.

Given he has a load of games (and he’s fairly young so doesn’t play online) I’m after a replacement console.

So, what would you suggest? I can see that I could still buy a brand new one (500gb model I think) but would preowned be worthwhile if backed by a shop warranty (eg from GAME) and if so, which model is reliable?

Thanks 🙂

Cougar

Anything from the Elite onwards or any of the Slims, really.

craigxxl
    Free Member

Just had the same happen with ours. Went to CEX and picked up a 250gb xbox 360 slim for £95 with 12 month exchange warranty.

nemesis
    Free Member

Cool – that’s just what I wanted to know.

sidders34
    Free Member

Would recommend a pre owned one from game. B bought one last year for my daughter. It failed two days before 12 month warranty ended. Took it into store and they swapped there and then.

wrightyson
    Free Member

250 go from Game with a two year warranty here.

nemesis
    Free Member

Thanks again. Only thing though – Game is a 1 year warranty isn’t it?

noltae
    Free Member

Loads of cheap deals available second-hand right now – especially if it’s just the console minus peripherals your after ..

nemesis
    Free Member

Yeah but I’d like a warranty to at least mean I don’t get a screwed one which works for a short while. £89 for a preowned 250gb at Game seems about right for me.

Viewing 9 posts - 1 through 9 (of 9 total)

The topic ‘Xbox 360 – which one?’ is closed to new replies.