Viewing 7 posts - 1 through 7 (of 7 total)
  • xbox 360 owners. help please.
  • renton
    Free Member

hi all im looking at getting an xbox 360 4gb version for my room as im away from home all week so need somthing to keep my occupied!!

do you know if it is possible to plug an extrenal hardrive into an xbox so you can watch movies and listen to music that is on the hard drive ?

also should i buy one now at £150 or wait for the jan sales?

cheers

steve

Liftman

Dont think they can take an external drive but you can use usb sticks with them.

Prices are fairly robust doubt you will see much discount on them.

flyingmonkeycorps

Pretty sure you can plug an external drive in, BUT if I remember correctly it has to be FAT32 formatted and not NTFS – which is a ballache. Updates may have changed this – I’ll check tomorrow if nobody has confirmed or denied!

rumbledethumps
    Free Member

xvid movies play great through a USB flash stick. My old portable HDD never worked. It may of been the electronics in the drives interface, I dont know. As others have said FAT32 file format only.

Audio playback (visually) is poor. No fancy album cover art (unless streamed from a PC)

I think im correct in the above!

prettygreenparrot

Why not use an iPod?

Xylene
    Free Member

Why not use an iPod?

He asked about 360’s not Ipods.

If you have problems playing some movies you can use Tversity to stream the movies to your xbox from your computer.

NikNak7890
    Free Member

I use my external HDD all the time for movies and tv shows.
    They’re all encoded as either Divx or MP4 and play absolutely fine 😉

Viewing 7 posts - 1 through 7 (of 7 total)

The topic ‘xbox 360 owners. help please.’ is closed to new replies.