Viewing 3 posts - 41 through 43 (of 43 total)
  • Xbox 360 Games Suggestions
  • Cougar

For child-friendly games, look at the Lego series. They’re mostly all brilliant (Indiana Jones 2 was a bit of a stinker IMHO). I have, erm, all of them I think, and no children.

Life Is Strange. You can thank me later.

I’m going to pimp this again as no-one took me up on it and it’s worth promoting.

Life Is Strange is an episodic, story-driven game akin to the Telltale games (The Wolf Among Us, The Walking Dead and a supporting cast of thousands). The lead protagonist is a female photography student at college, but don’t let that put you off. It’s not the twee nonsense it might appear at first glance, you’ve got an impending disaster, shootings, premonitions, rewinding time and suchlike going on.

As the story unfolds you have to investigate the mysterious goings-on and make decisions which have lasting, game-changing effects. Your choices can affect who lives and dies.

Add to that it’s beautifully put together. The characters, the visuals, the soundtrack, it’s clearly been a labour of love by the developers. I’ve never in my life been so emotionally invested in a bloody video game. (-:

Try it – the first episode is either free or not much money.

EDIT – Confirmed, the first episode is free, the entire thing is £14. The first ep is free on Steam too: http://store.steampowered.com/agecheck/app/319630/

flyingmonkeycorps

I picked up Life is Strange for 4 quid on Steam t’other day, need to get round to playing it.

Sundayjumper

Update.

I didn’t realise there’s a couple of Red Dead games, I ended up with Undead Nightmare and I’m enjoying it 🙂

Mass Effect 2 is a bit too shooty, I’ve gone off it quite quickly.

Bought a Zumba game for the missus, she seems to like it. Which was the whole point of the xbox in the first place.

Rocksmith, however. Toasty – you are in trouble now ! As a direct result of your suggestion I’ve ended up spending a whole load of money on guitar stuff. A guitar and another bass, two small practice amps (thankfully both very cheap on ebay), and some associated paraphernalia. And a 1/2 size acoustic for my daughter because she was VERY excited about the whole thing and wanted to join in, but only being 3yo a full sized bass is actually taller than she is 😆

Anyway, it’s all very good fun, so thanks again to everyone for the help !

Viewing 3 posts - 41 through 43 (of 43 total)

The topic ‘Xbox 360 Games Suggestions’ is closed to new replies.