Viewing 20 posts - 1 through 20 (of 20 total)
  • Xbox 360 4gb – Just got 2 for free! What games & what can it do?
  • FunkyDunc
    Free Member

I will very shortly be receiving to brand new Xbox 360’s, one will be going on Ebay, but will probably keep the other.

I have not had a games console for years, so completely no idea how good they are etc.

So what car racing game is best for simulation, both track and rallying, and which is the best shoot em up game?

Also is there anything else wonderful that the Xbox can do, or should I just use it as a games console?

Ta

soma_rich
    Free Member

Free? how did you manage that??

Forza for racing
    Battlefield for shooting.

johnners
    Free Member

Good luck playing HD battlefield with a 4Gb Xbox!

Cougar

Yeah, use the proceeds of the sale to buy a hard disk for the one you’re keeping.

Red Dead Redemption’s one of the best games I’ve played in the last couple of years. Forza 4 for your driving needs, and Skyrim for RPG goodness. See you next year.

dh
    Free Member

get a hard drive for it from game or similar, you’ll need it.

As soma_rich said forza for driving is top banana. I’m more a Call of Duty/Modern warfare man for shooters but there you go. Batman is v v good.

theroadwarrior
    Free Member

Whats wrong with the 4gb for battlefield? (I have one on the way). Everything I read before buying it suggested the 250gb wasn’t needed unless you wanted to DL loads of extra content or store movies/music??

IA

Being able to install games to the HDD makes *such* a difference.

Recommendations wise: Skyrim, Fallout 3.

Creg

Forza 4
    Rage
    Borderlands
    Bioshock
    Mass Effect 1 & 2
    Dead Space
    Fallout 3 & New Vegas
    Dirt
    Need For Speed Hot Pursuit

All worth a look, most should be dirt cheap to buy if you look second hand in places like Gamestation and CEX

davidrussell
    Free Member

Red Dead Redemption’s one of the best games I’ve played in the last couple of years

agreed – much better than the GTA series by the same creators.

Fallout new vegas is good if you dont like online play – very involved single player.

BF3 is lip smackingly awesome – knocks all of the recent COD games into a cocked hat. massive maps, vehicles and less of a focus on being a top killer and more on teamwork (cod is bad for the lone snipers getting mega killstreaks)

BF3 will struggle on a 4Gb box because the game runs better if you install to HDD and it has an optional 1.25Gb HD graphics package, which if your playing on any decent TV is a must.

Get some good gaming headphones too – i’ve got Astro A40’s and you can hear people sneaking up behind you and the surround sound is awesome. Cheaper headphones will do the job though.

Any BF3 xbox players on here?

MrNutt
    Free Member

left4dead 1 & 2 are good for zombie killing fun
    bf3
    forza4
    Rage

with the new update you can watch youtube, sky, msn and other stuff too

justatheory
    Free Member

You can watch Sky TV on it (if subscribed), stream HD movies through LoveFilm or Zune, stream music with LastFM, access YouTube, Facebook, Twitter etc.

Oh, and you can even play games on it!

FunkyDunc
    Free Member

Thanks for the info, it wont be used that much to be honest, just every so often, so wouldnt add a new drive.

I take it there are no decent rally games like there used to be on the original Xbox then?

Mrs FD and myself have just got new mobile phone contracts and as part of the deal you get a free xbox 🙂

“You can watch Sky TV on it (if subscribed)”

How does this work then? We have Sky+ HD and Sky Wifi, and the HD box is in the lounge. How does the Xbox receive the Sky stuff? ie does it need a direct connection from the HD box?

Rich
    Free Member

Since an update a while ago, my xbox doesn’t have the option to install to HDD anymore.

Has anyone else noticed this?

dh
    Free Member

dirt 3 for rally.

here

GW
    Free Member

I just couldn’t get into Dirt3. 😐

MX Vs ATV Alive! big whips n Scrubs FTW!

IA

Since an update a while ago, my xbox doesn’t have the option to install to HDD anymore.

Nope, mine’s up to date and has stuff installed (recently). Sure you’ve not run out of HDD space for what you want to install?

seanodav
    Free Member

You can also stream avi movie files from pc too which is handy.
    Another fan of call of duty games here.

seanodav
    Free Member

How does this work then? We have Sky+ HD and Sky Wifi, and the HD box is in the lounge. How does the Xbox receive the Sky stuff? ie does it need a direct connection from the HD box

needs connected to internet either wireless or wired to router

richmtb

There are a lot of great new realease out at the moment.

Forza 4, COD MW3, Battlefield 3, Skyrim etc.

But as you have just got the console you could also go out and buy the previous generation of titles and save a fortune. For the price of Forza 4 and Battlefield 3 you could probably get six older titles.

Cougar

Ooh. Portal. Get ‘Still Alive’ off XBL (Xbox Live).

my xbox doesn’t have the option to install to HDD anymore.

Has anyone else noticed this?

Nope. I’ve never seen your Xbox.

Viewing 20 posts - 1 through 20 (of 20 total)

The topic ‘Xbox 360 4gb – Just got 2 for free! What games & what can it do?’ is closed to new replies.