Viewing 9 posts - 1 through 9 (of 9 total)
  • X9 Jockey Wheel replacements
  • simonbea
    Free Member

I replaced the jockey wheels on my 2008 X9 mech last summer with some BBB wheels, it didn’t take long before they were feeling rough and one in particular seizes up constantly, requiring me to completely strip it, free it up and re-grease. Granted I’ve ridden through some pretty bad conditions since then but bike is kept relatively clean. Obviously water has got in and now it’s a constant cycle of cleaning it out. Has anybody had any problems with the BBB wheels? Are they are other alternatives worth trying?

thepurist

I’ve used BBB wheels on shimano mechs and they’ve been smooth, long lasting and hassle free. I do generally pop a seal off and add a dab more grease when fitting them but other than that they get zero special attention.

simonbea
    Free Member

I did the same, and got them on recommendations previously. Maybe I was a little too enthusiastic cleaning my bike

andycs

Mount zoom jockey wheels have been faultless for a couple of years in my XO mech.

michaelmcc
    Free Member

+1 for Mt Zoom.

simonbea
    Free Member

Just taken a look but seems they only cater for centre pivot wheels, my ’08 X9 has an offset upper wheel

wurzelcube
    Free Member

I know its not overly helpful but the best solution in my opinion is to replace the mech and shifters with a durable product from Shimano.

simonbea
    Free Member

No not that helpful 😆 Looking for a less involved fix!

wurzelcube
    Free Member

In the long run it will be worth it – I picked up a pair of SLX shifters and an SLX mech a while ago for £50 ish – no more jockey wheel problems, just reliable shifting.

Viewing 9 posts - 1 through 9 (of 9 total)

The topic ‘X9 Jockey Wheel replacements’ is closed to new replies.