Viewing 6 posts - 1 through 6 (of 6 total)
  • X9 Front Shifter
  • SBrock
    Free Member

my X9 Shifter is playing up, the bigger trigger (to select high gear) is not returning to its original position after the shift….. I have been reading this is a common thing?

Is there any chance of a repair? or is ti a case of writing it off and buying a new one?

I did buy second hand off fleabay, it worked for a bout 4 rides!! Gutted now

Are X0 any better?

chvck
    Free Member

My X7 does this too! I’m now so used to just pushing the lever back that I reckon I wouldn’t get on with a properly working shifter. I also find that sometimes it doesn’t release the cable like it should and it gets stuck inside the shifter a little.

pixelmix
    Free Member

If it makes you feel better, I’ve handle similar trouble with my XT recently.

I have a LH x9 shifter in the parts box from my old bike if you want it? It has never suffered from the problem you describe. Drop me an email if you need it – £18 posted.

SBrock
    Free Member

trolling through the forums, It looks like a common fault.

will have to buy a new one now!

thegman67

I have x7 shifters on my year old Reign x1 they both don’t spring back phoned Dales cycles in Glasgow where I bought it and they say their on their way out so getting them replaced under warranty

Junkyard
    Free Member

i failed to fix one
    x0 are nto that much better if at all I have x0 and x9 and cant really tell though x0 does change up further iirc on my FS and not ridden this year as i have been using the hardtail recently

Viewing 6 posts - 1 through 6 (of 6 total)

The topic ‘X9 Front Shifter’ is closed to new replies.