Viewing 5 posts - 1 through 5 (of 5 total)
  • X7/X9 10 Speed Issue
  • philwarren11
    Free Member

Anyone had any problems with X7 shifter not releasing the rear mech?

Im trying to down shift to a smaller cog on the cassette and i have to pretty much tap the lever to get it to shift/release.

Ive taken the cable tension off and isolated the shifter and it seems to be a sticky mechanism inside the shifter as it doesnt release without any tension.

Havent had the bike long and its on its second type 2 rear mech, chain and front hub. Its a stumpy evo btw.

Thanks.

philwarren11
    Free Member

Should the shifter shift up and down without any cable tension? I assume it should as its just a sprung ratchet system.

wobbliscott
    Free Member

I have recently had this exact issue. Turned out to be inner cable locking up inside outer cable due to a single strand unravelling. I took everything off, had to dismantle the shifter as the strand had unfreyed right up inside the shifter and jammed it all up. After replacing with a new inner and outer all is fine once more.

argoose
    Free Member

Had same with my X9 shifters.
    Pre 2012 they had a problem with bearings tightening and causing the fault you described.
    Post 2012 sram changed to ball bearings.
    Sent back to On One who sent back to fisher outdoor leisure who replaced with 2013 ball bearing shifters under warranty

philwarren11
    Free Member

Thanks for the info, im taking it back to my LBS as its still under warranty as its a 2013 bike i bought beginning od march.

Viewing 5 posts - 1 through 5 (of 5 total)

The topic ‘X7/X9 10 Speed Issue’ is closed to new replies.