Viewing 13 posts - 1 through 13 (of 13 total)
  • X10-93 KMC chain from ebay?
  • cookci
    Free Member

Hi,

if I purchase a X10-93 from ebay to save a fiver per chain compared to CRC (I need 2 as both my 10 speed bikes have dead chains) will I die?

Thanks
    Christian

simon1975

Yes we’ll all die.

Onzadog
    Free Member

There are some fake kmc products on eBay it seems.

cookci
    Free Member

I thought as much. Might be best to buy from CRC then?

bruneep

Never had an issue with kmc chains off the bay. As ever buy from a reputable source not someone who also sells cheap tat

richardthird

Better are HG95 at Halfords, £12 before BC discount. Re-use your old KMC links.

spawnofyorkshire

I’ve usually bought my KMC chains from Merlin, usually the best price of the main players and really good service

cookci
    Free Member

Any recommended ebay sellers?

dmck16
    Free Member

I used PedalBits eBay store a couple of months back.

No suspicions about quality/fakes, the chain has proved to be absolutely fine so far.

CalamityJames
    Free Member

I’ve used this seller for my last four KMC chains, all been fine but only marginally cheaper than CRC if you have doubts.
    http://www.ebay.co.uk/usr/laxzo

cookci
    Free Member

Ordered from pedal bits cheers dmck16.

Hoping for a bit more durability compared to my old (snapped) shimano hg54

tillydog
    Free Member

I’ve also ordered from laxzo and http://www.ebay.co.uk/usr/hopkinsoncycles-2008

No problems with either – note that in both cases the chain arrived in a poly bag (with the split link), rather than in a retail cardboard box. I assume that the sellers are cutting to length from a bulk reel or have some sort of OEM supply.

superfli
    Free Member

I just received a couple from Hopkinsoncycles-2008. They seem fine and very good price.

Viewing 13 posts - 1 through 13 (of 13 total)

The topic ‘X10-93 KMC chain from ebay?’ is closed to new replies.