Viewing 5 posts - 1 through 5 (of 5 total)
  • x king racesports..can they be run tubeless?
  • tpbiker
    Free Member

As per title really? Are they tubeless compatible? I’ve been trying to get these sealed with very little success. Any point persisting or should I give up and go with something I know will work.

downhilldave

Yeh they go up tubeless. Very porous flimsy sidewalks though. Did you clean out the insides first with IPA or similar. Mine lasted a day before you could see threads on the rear sidewall.

goss
    Free Member

They do go tubeless but it’s not worth it. As DHdave write, the sidewalls are very thin.
    Sure the low weight is a big plus but it won’t outlast the bitterness of going flat just as fast. I ran mine with Conti light tubes while I had them to save some weight.

Eddiethegent

As above, they are tubeless in theory but not in practice.

I exchanged mine for the Protection versions. Slightly heavier but the extra meat seems to be all in the sidewalls. They work well as tubeless.

sillyoldman

The only models that Conti recommend for tubeless use are the Protection/Protection Apex models and the PureGrip models. Racesport models are not intended to be used tubeless.

Go Protection if you want Black Chili and tubeless compatibility.

Viewing 5 posts - 1 through 5 (of 5 total)

The topic ‘x king racesports..can they be run tubeless?’ is closed to new replies.