Viewing 16 posts - 1 through 16 (of 16 total)
  • x fusion vengance forks ?
  • funkypete551
    Free Member

need a set of 160mm forks for my alpine. does anyone rate or use these forks or can anyone suggest any other forks

stevied
    Free Member

Buying new? I’ve just changed to Fox 36 Van’s on my Intense and they are a world of difference to the 32 Floats I did have..
    Heard good things about X-F Vengeance but new were out of my budget..

chestrockwell

Just read a group test of 140 to 160mm forks in April’s MBUK and the X-Fusions came top. In fact, two of the top three were X-Fusion. It suprised me that Fox were no where near the top these days.

Saying that, I don’t know how much I’d trust the reviews in the press tbh.

Euro
    Free Member

Their Slant forks look good too.

Alex

I have the 160mm Slants on my rocket. Some review here: http://singletrackworld.com/forum/topic/x-fusion-slant-160mm – for the price I’m very happy with them, too early to comment on reliability / amount of servicing required but riding wise, very impressed.

See how they get on in the alps in eight weeks 🙂

funkypete551
    Free Member

theres a 2011 set on ebay now for 200 quid. not looking to buy new but can’t find many second hand forks which are tappered. these x fusions on ebay have the steerer cut to 185mm and the head tube on the alpine is 130mm, not sure if theres enough there

batman11
    Free Member

Selling a set here if your interested taperd and steerer is about 190 mm
    Coil air with rebound £180 posted.
    Pm in profile.
    Bats.

jono1982
    Free Member

Took some 2011 160 coil versions out to the alps last year, (think they were unused OE versions from a big-hit) absolutly brilliant forks.. rode them back to back with fox 36, lyrics at tignes, les arcs and pila. Can honestly say these felt the best, seemed bottemless travel.. especially over high speed washboard type rock sections.. they’ll be out again for this years trip for sure!

funkypete551
    Free Member

batman11 are they black and what colour are they

Cheezpleez

I have some. They are great.

gonzy
    Free Member

they look very good value and the performance is as good if not better than some of the major fork manufacturers…
    x-fusion used to build the shocks and forks for Fox at their factory before branching out on their own…
    i did notice that Brian Lopes has been involved in the development of their current product range as has Richie Schley…
    only issue is that as they havent been around on the market long enough it’s difficult to quantify the reliability

batman11
    Free Member

There black lowers with a green transfere I edit pictures if you like.
    I’ve sold he frame they where on so there now surplus etc.
    bats

funkypete551
    Free Member

send me a few pics of them also how old are they . send to graw551@yahoo.com

funkypete551
    Free Member

hoping to get some forks by the end of the week

batman11
    Free Member

On there way.

superfli
    Free Member

The HLR models have fantastic damping.
    I have a set of 2011 HLR air. Bought them nearly a year ago and are brilliant.
    Fortunately for me it takes the MTB community a long while to appreciate that new comers can make decent products.

Viewing 16 posts - 1 through 16 (of 16 total)

The topic ‘x fusion vengance forks ?’ is closed to new replies.